We went to Island park a couple weekends ago with my family for a little reunion (sans Elliot and Melinda families...). We had a nice relaxing weekend in one of the most beautiful places there is! The first night we got there we went to a melo-drama play at Macks Inn playhouse called The three Amigos and the holdup at the Del Taco Ranch (or something like that!) It was hilarious, and fun to be there with my family!
The next day we went down to rent a little boat to float down Henry's fork river. Grace and Lucy found this and had to stick their little faces through.
Canoeing down this river is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I love love it! The funny thing is, my doctor, Dr. Cannon, had told me not to do it. He said I'd get dehydrated (since it's about a 2 hour trip) and not have anywhere to go in case something happened. I decided to just do it anyway...and guess who was 3 boats behind us getting into the river? That's right, Dr. Cannon. We laughed, but it made me feel better that if I went into labor on the canoe I'd have my trusty Dr. right behind me :)
So beautiful!
Lucy loved hanging out of the canoe to touch the water. One time she leaned a little too far and started falling in headfirst. Her head went in the freezing cold water right when Jared grabbed her foot. She was ultra-cautious after that. Jenny and Ruby started out in a kayak and flipped it together after the first 30 seconds on the river :)
That night my Mom hosted the McMillan Olympics. Here are the kids taking an oath to be good sports and to play fair:
The smallest of the 3 groups of kids throwing the discus:
The moms racing with a balloon between our legs. I won, probably because I am a pro at waddling these days anyway.
The dads doing the same thing. Jared's balloon popped after 2 seconds :)
Lucy racing with a feather between her toes...she loved it.
After lots of fun events, here are the competitors waiting for their medals:
The stick-as-many-cheetos-on-dads-face game (using whipped cream!) The Robbins won by far.
Lucy ready for her 4 wheeling adventure with Grandpa!
All the kids watching a show while we got dinner ready one night:
We love this tradition and are grateful for our family!
1 comment:
Oh my heavens Abby! When Dr. Cannon got back into town that night, we had a crazy night with tons of his patients, so he was there all night. We were asking him about his trip and he said he saw a patient of his there who probably shouldn't have been there bc she was so far along. He said, "I don't remember if she asked me or not, but I would have told her not to!" haha! I did NOT realize that was YOU though!!! Too funny!
Post a Comment