Lucy is one!
She is such a sweet baby and has been such a joy to have in our home this past year. Her personality just fits right in with our family and makes us complete. We couldn't be more in love with our little Lucy.
Here she is the morning of her first birthday. She wasn't quite sure she was ready to turn one, but eventually came around to the idea....
I gave her her very own bowl of cereal and that lifted her spirits. She loved every bite!
I knew we'd wait to have her open her presents until her party that night, but I had to give her one to open that morning...one thing about Lucy that everyone should know is her affinity for balls. She loves loves loves balls and can spot one from a mile away. We don't have many around our house, but knew that she would love a ball for her birthday. Her favorite gift of the day: $1 ball from Walmart. She played with it ALL day long and all I heard was, "Baaaaaall. Baaaaaaaaaalll" :)
Here she is, when she first saw her balls:
She picks them up, throws them across the room....hits it with her hand across the room. Loves playing "roll the ball". Seriously, all day......
We took Gracie to her swimming lessons that morning (post on that later).
Gracie was singing "Happy Birthday to Luuucy" all day. She loves birthdays and was a little jealous that it wasn't her's, but tried her hardest to be happy for Luce. Here she is doing her favorite trick, the splits, before swimming lessons :
After cheering at my soccer game we came home that evening for Lucy's birthday party. We invited family over for some cake and presents.....another thing Lucy loves is birds. She'll point at any little bird in the sky and do the sign for "bird" all the time....so I did a birdie cake for her.
She was so excited for her party! (mostly because of the balloons and balls).
Her McMillan Grandparents came and her Grandma Jones, Kristi, Grandma Beck and even Kiley and Eric and their kids who just moved to Utah came! We didn't know they were in town so it was a fun surprise! Grandpa Jones came over for a birthday visit after his church meetings. She had such a wonderful party and got lots of things that will keep her busy for a long time....
Lucy had some help blowing her candle out by her older sister...
Then we gave her her own little cake. She just poked it and didn't quite know what to do with it.
She tried to just go for it with her mouth a few times and couldn't quite get the hang of it.
Finally I cut it up for her and she had a few bites. Then she just wanted to get out of her chair and go play with her new balls she got from Grandma Jones. :)
Grace loved having cousin Kinsley there to show off for :) They had a good time playing together.
Lucy had a fun day. Here are some things about Lucy at ONE year old:
- She's a big talker. She talks and jabbers at me all day and can say lots of words. Most of what she says is jibberish (She says,"bitteebitteebitteebittee" over and over). Some of her cutest words are, "hi dada", "uh-oh", "birdie", "baaaaaall", etc.
- She is still our little performer. She loves to be silly for us and we always say we would watch her over any tv show. She's got such a funny sense of humor.
- She loves to cuddle, especially with Dad.
- She's not into tv at all....no show will keep her attention for more than 3 minutes.
- She still refuses to eat bananas, otherwise she is a wonderful eater.
- She has taken some steps, but prefers speed crawling. If she's wearing a dress or crawling on a different texture (grass, rough cement), then she'll crawl like a stink bug.
- She tries to repeat what I say. I'll yell, "Grace, come here!" and Lucy will yell right after me in her little language.
- She is such a sweeeeet girl. She's more laid back than Grace and is very tender hearted. We love our Lucy girl!
12 comments:
That picture of her looking in the bag is as good as it gets! We love lil' Luce!
Happy Birthday sweet girl! I could kiss those cheeks all day!
I love the picture of her checking out her balls. Who needs anything more than a few balls?
Love me some LuLu... And, ps: Your hair looks FANTASTIC!! I love the style you had that day... Oh, Abs. COME VISIT ALREADY. Grrrr.
She is SO CUTE!!
Can't believe she is ONE!
LOVE the picture of her looking in the bag. Love it.
She is adorable!! I want to get a copy of that pic and put it on my fridge! Glad she had a great birthday!
Her surprised face is the best!
We have big hopes for Lucy as a soccer player. It was a fun party.
OH.....what a fun day! She is too cute. Just like everyone, I love the surprised pic. You totally need to frame that one. I love that girl. I just want to kiss her cheeks and play with her. We'll have to have another party when we see her next. :)
Happy Birthday to Lucy! That second picture of her in the crib, I had to take a second look. It looks like Gracie. Looks like lots of fun was had.
Seems like my favorite picture is everyone else's too! She is a doll and super cute cake!
What a super fun day! Happy Birthday little Lucy! She is absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment