Aug 9, 2011

grace funnies

  • I took her to go potty at church. We walked in and heard someone in the stall next to us taking care of their business. Gracie says, "Mom! What's that sound?" I said, "Someone is going potty honey, sssshhhh!" Gracie says, "Oh!" and pops her head underneath the stall, "Helloooooo over there!!!" I tried to stop her but was too late. Embarrassing. 
  • Gracie now loves listing off things she loves. Usually they are related, like "princesses, castles and queens" or something like that. The other day she came up to me and said, "Mom...I love food, trees and people." Alrighty then! 
  • Gracie said, "Mom, on my next birthday I'm gonna be twenty-eight." I said, "Sorry hon, you're actually going to be three." She argued back, "Mom, no way! I'm gonna be twenty eight!" This went on for about ten minutes. 
  • I was changing Lucy's diaper. Gracie walks in and tickles Lucy, and starts tickling her bum. I said, "Grace, please don't tickle Lucy there, those are her private parts"...Gracie looked kind of baffled and said, "Her PIRATE parts?" I said, "Nooooo....prrrivate parts", Grace didn't get it and said, "Lucy has pirate parts mom? Arrrrrrrrrr matey!" I tried to correct her a few more times then just decided that that lesson will be a little later in life. :)
  • Jared was asking Gracie if she'd like to take dance classes: J: "Grace, do you want to take dance lessons?" G: "mmmm.....YES!" J: "Do you want to take piano lessons too?" G: "No....I want to take cymbal lessons!" :) We laughed and laughed. 
  • Gracie has this thing where she loves to "whisper in your ear". She says it multiple times a day, "Mom, let me whisper in your ear." Usually what she says includes going to grandma and grandpa's and eating popcorn. Yesterday she told Jared, "Daddy, let me whisper in your ear......Daddy, say, "Gracie, we're going to the ice cream store!"". A few days earlier she asked me if she could watch a movie....then walked over to me and whispered in my ear, "Now say, "ok Gracie, you can watch a movie!"" tricky little thing!
  • Grace talks about Disneyland all the time, since she found out we're going in November. Her latest: "Mom, I can't WAIT to go to Disneyland! Mickey Mouse is so cool! He's going to give me candy....and jellybeans.....and meat!" I asked her to make sure, "meat?" and she said, "yes, Mickey Mouse loves meat!" 
  • The other day we went to the kiddie pool for a swim. Gracie immediately went up to a girl her age and said, "Hi! I'm Gracie. I'm nice." Then splashed the little girl in the face. 

7 comments:

GaiaGirl said...

Such insights. I'm gonna argue my way back to 28, too. And this is why Micky Mouse and I have had such a falling out. Meat.

Erin said...

Oh, how I love me some Gracie. AND, I love that she still has the little chub roll on her upper arm. I hope she still has that when she's 16... I think its cute. :)

The Jones Crew said...

Gracie is so cute Love, Kristi

The Hall Clan said...

boy oh boy that little girl has personality!!!

Troy and Brittany said...

Hahaha oh my! I love her so much! What a personality! I was thinking about you guys the other day and thinking how funny both Jared and you were when you were little and decided Gracie was going to come out being hilarious no matter what.

Elliot said...

If I knew Mickey gave out free candy and meat, I'd have found a way to live in Disneyland! :) I love these posts so much! (as you well know)

Elliot said...

Ps. I also love how she asks a question and then coaches you on how to respond. Ah......hilarious...