May 3, 2011

around the house.

I have lots of random pictures on my camera that need a blog post...
Here are some shots of what's been going on around our house lately.

Jared is so good at thinking of fun little activities for Gracie that will keep her entertained, especially for Family Home Evening. This week he put a marshmallow under one of  three cups, mixed them around and had Grace guess where it was. She loved it and wanted to play forever...
 He followed up that game with a marshmallow-in-the-mouth contest. Gracie wanted to catch one in her mouth so badly, and was close a couple of times, but it never quite happened...
 Grace and Lucy are starting to play together. Grace helps Luce get around the house and they have their own little way of communicating. Sometimes Lucy thinks she's talking and expects Gracie to respond. I can already see the sisterly love...it's sweet.
 Lucy has been sporting her first little ponytail.... 
 I'm in charge of Activity Days in our ward. They are the sweetest girls, and are such a fun age. Usually we have it at the church because we have so many girls, but I had them come to my house for our Easter activity. It was a little tight, but we had a fun time. They were all sitting in our sun room waiting for their mom's to come, so I had to snap a picture of my cute girls...
 Gracie is SO into helping me make things in the kitchen. Whenever dinner time rolls around, there she is saying, "Help you Mama?" She loves strapping on an apron, pouring measuring cups into a bowl, and really had fun kneading dough the other day. She's a good helper!
 My Mom always had us make breadsticks in the shape of our initials, so I had to carry on the tradition. It was a good way for Gracie to learn the letter G too. 
 "Painting" on the butter...
 Ready to dig in! 

5 comments:

Jenn said...

What a fun post!!! I love creative husbands, Jason comes up with the best games too and makes FHE so much fun--they must have been taught well :0)!

Jenn said...

So I forgot to write that I love Lucy's ponytail--too cute!!!

Pierce Family said...

LOVE the bread stick idea!!!! Could you please email me the recipe?

The Jones Crew said...

Cute pictures. I loved the bread stick idea also. I might do that for dinner sometime.

Unknown said...

Gracie's smile by the breadsticks is beyond cute, seriously.