Feb 7, 2011

cinderella dressed in yella

Gracie's latest favorite:



Some other things about Gracie lately:

  • The girlie switch has suddenly flipped for her. I always thought she was kind of a tomboy like I was, but all of the sudden she is all about princesses, pink, babies, saying "cutttte" about everything, barbies, painted fingernails, dancing, tutu's, makeup, etc. It just took a couple of years for the "girlie" to kick in! 
  • Lately at random times she'll say, "Mama, I'm scared!" and I'll ask her why and the answer is usually "dinosaurs!" once in a while she'll throw in, "bears!" If ever she hears a noise she doesn't recognize she asks in a frightened voice, "Mom, is it dinosaurs?" I tried to explain extinction to her, but she didn't quite get it. 
  • When Jared gets home from work he and Gracie have a tradition. Gracie always pickpockets Jared's construction pencil out of his pocket without him noticing and takes off, laughing hysterically. He'll chase her, put the pencil back, and she'll sneak it over and over. He says she's actually a really good pick-pocketer, he doesn't notice until she starts to run! Our little future thief...I'm so proud. :)
  • She's a Toy Story maniac! (2nd only to princesses) She'll ask to watch it all day long. I love how she says it too, "Toy Dory". I love the movies, so it's fine by me.
  • She acknowledges Lucy a lot more than she used to...Gracie is so independent, she didn't really have time for her little sister. :) She loves to make her laugh, help her take baths, put lotion on, etc. these days. Gracie realized just how much Lucy loves her attention...it's pretty sweet.
  • Lately I've been working out in the mornings in my living room. Gracie usually wakes up while I'm working out and joins me. She loves to run in place, jumprope, get on my back while I'm doing push-ups (which is grrrrrrrreat.), and she's great at lunges! I love having a workout buddy!
  • She loves to play the animal game with us. We take turns acting like an animal and guess what each other is...her favorite thing to be is a giraffe. All she does is gets on all fours and stretches her neck out as long as she can. We laugh every time...she's a funny, funny kid that we can't get enough of! 

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Sooo cute! And I can't imagine you as a Tomboy ever! (Miss America watching chica ; )

Erin said...

She's so smart! I love it!
And, Kenley is OBSESSED with Toy Story, Princesses, Tinkerbell and tutus, too. (Except: Toy Story is called 'WoodyBuzz' in her world.)

Deidra said...

I love at the end of both videos, "watchy, watchy!" She must know how cute she is!

melissa said...

i love it. ave is so into princess right now too. today she said "look, i'm dancing like a princess ballerina"- she had her princess dress on and ballerina shoes. also, she runs up to me a few times a day and tells me the monsters were coming to get her. and she too would watch toy story all day if i let her, however ave hates it when i try to work out. but they should really be friends.

Jenny said...

I love it! I love our Gracie!!! She is hilarious and too cute.