***I know that it isn't Friday yet. Oh well...
I found these little gems in a box of old keepsakes from Jr. High/High School:
I really don't know how I ended up with these, but was grateful to have found them. This time period was kind of the beginning of us.
Jared and I aren't exactly sure when we met. We grew up in the same stake, but went to different grade schools. We both went to White Pine in 5th grade, and ended up in the same group of friends in the 6th grade. My best friend Kara liked Jared, and I liked his best friend Jed. In the 6th grade when you like a boy, you rarely actually talk to them. I remember talking to Jared a lot to tell him things to pass along to Jed (things like "You are a QT" :)hehe) Notes were a big thing back then (we didn't have phones and texting like all the 6th graders have now!) so I'd give Jared notes to give to Jed too. They were folded extra special with a little tab on top that said "pull". Remember those? Those relationships ended in the 7th grade, and Kara and I switched guys in the 9th grade! I liked Jared after going out with a rival older guy from Declo (Jared still doesn't like talking about it) and Kara got her first kiss from Jed. It's so funny thinking back to those days and fast forwarding 14 years to where we are now.
I look at our faces in these activity card pictures and a flood of memories come to mind. I recognize those kids! They had so much fun growing up together. We had the greatest group of friends ever. His group of guy friends and my girlfriends hung out most weekends. We all got into trouble together (i.e. our tp'ing war that involved fishing wire, duct tape, taking hostages, squirting each other with hoses, and of course, the police.), we had the most memorable fun times (boating on the river, lots of movie nights, cementing toilets to our rival's high school rocks, going to dances together, etc.), and went through some hard stuff with each other's help and support. So many memories, I could write a book. Our experiences with our good group of friends are a big part of us wanting to raise our kids in Burley, with hopes that they might have similar experiences.
I absolutely love where we're at in life right now. Marrying Jared was the best/easiest decision I have ever made. He's been my best friend for years, since we were kids, so he was the obvious choice to spend eternity with. :)
Love you, JJ.

8 comments:
Ahhh...I agree that we have the best friends ever. I remember your Hard Rock t-shirt in that picture. This was when you were kind of transitioning from your tomboy dressing to more girly stuff. :)
Oh my goodness, those pictures are hilarious! And notes were so the "it" thing! I'm pretty sure I have a show back of old old notes from jr. high in my basement somewhere! I just think it's so cute you guys were jr. high/high school sweethearts! That rarely happens anymore!
Wow! I remember you like this. Just like yesterday.
Oh my goodnes, the memories! Loved those days. I agree, I can only hope and pray that my kids have as good of friends as we did. I have so many great memories and I don't think our parents ever had to really worry about us getting into 'serious trouble'. Seems like yesterday!
I love hearing your story of "way back when" you'll have to check back at my blog in the next couple days for a post about D and I's story. WAAAAAYYY different than yours. :) You'll see. The post is still in the works.
I think I finally threw out my old activity cards last year. I kept wondering, "What am I going to do with them?" I wish I had scanned them first (but then again, it's not so hard to let go of relics from my awkward days)!
I love our friends. Sometimes I felt like I fit in more with the guys than the girls, and I loved all of our friends. I know most people would not willingly go back to high school, but I don't think I'd mind. We had it good.
You did have great friends. But remind me again about the one involving the police!!!
Oh, I remember you guys that way too!! I had the best friend and love all our memories. I have to laugh as I think of us switching boys. Good thing I liked Jared when we didn't really "know" them or that could have been awkward later on.
haha--tell you mom that Karen was there when the police were involved...and a midnight trip to the ER to get stiches for Tisha. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our friends and really couldn't have asked for a better growing up experience. Like Deidra I could go back to High School and most of my friends I have met outside of our group would NEVER. We were totally lucky to have eachother then and now!
Post a Comment