Jun 23, 2010

Quatro

June 22nd, 2010
Jared and Abby's 4th anniversary. The years just keep speeding by don't they?
The day started out with a phone call from JJ, just to wish me a happy anniversary. (He always leaves for work before I wake up, so I never see him in the mornings) sweet....

Gracie and I had plans for the day...a pool party! Little did we know, Gracie would be the only girl (after little Ivy went for a nap, of course), joined by 6 fun, wild boys. .  
It was funny to see the differences between boys and girls at this age--we're not around boys very often. 
They had caught a hornet in a bag and the boys were taking turns touching it, pretending to get stung and yelling like mad-men...when it was Gracie's turn to look, she said, "Ohhhhh....a bug!" and gave the hornet in the bag a little kiss. 
The boys all took turns climbing on the coffee table and jumping off as crazily as they could. Gracie wanted in on the fun, so she climbed up did a little pretend jump, then cautiously climbed off...funny.
We both had a good time and stayed way past her nap time, but it was worth it.

Later, when Jared got home from work we dropped Gracie off at Grandma's and hit the town ready for adventure.
We were on our way to dinner at Stevo's when we saw about 25 Jr.-high aged cheerleaders on the side of the road right off of the freeway, in a pyramid, obviously practicing some routine. So weird. Jared and I were discussing what could have possibly been their reasoning for cheering right there. This is how Jared saw it playing out: "I bet they were driving in their van on the way to Scream and Shout cheer camp, when the head cheerleader said,"Girls, we just need to cheer, right NOW!" Pull over!" hehe...
I wish I got a picture.
Dinner was very yummy and we talked about all sorts of stuff...like our wedding day and  how much we loved it. Then we headed to Walmart to get some candy to smuggle into the movie theater. On the way to Walmart we were listening to a CD I had just made. It had a new song on it by Carrie Underwood that Jared had never heard before called, "Temporary Home". This is how our conversation went when the song started:
Abby: You have to listen to the words of this song...I cry every time I hear it.
JJ: Ok...(listening and commentating the song) so there is a 6 year old kid, he must be a foster kid, never had a mom or dad.....(looks over at me) ARE YOU CRYING ALREADY!?
Abby: (with tears running down my face) I told you I was going to cry! I can't help it!
JJ: It's only been like 20 seconds....the song hasn't even started!
Dang pregnancy emotions get me every time...we both were laughing (and crying) so hard...
(Seriously though, listen to that song and try not to cry!!)
We went to TOY STORY 3, and totally loved every minute of it. It wrapped up the Toy Story movies perfectly. 4 thumbs up.
We got home around 9 and could hear Gracie talking to herself in her crib. Jared couldn't help himself...he hadn't seen her all day long, so we both went down and got her out of bed and played for a while. It was the perfect ending of our Anniversary if you ask me... 

3 comments:

JoMama said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe its been four years! Crazy.

We saw Toy Story 3 this weekend too, had me laughing and crying.

Troy and Brittany said...

Ok, Gracie and that hornet story is so hilarious! I can just picture her kissing the bag. She is a real crack-up.

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! And, I'm glad Gracie is a girly-girl. Because, I'm afraid Kenley isn't. She LOVES to climb up on things and launch herself off them... whether there is someone there to catch her or not. (She split her lip doing it the other day...) I'm going to be one NERVOUS mother as she gets older...