May 7, 2010

little rascal

Gracie is a silly little thing. I don't think Jared and I laugh at anything as hard as we do at the things that girl comes up with. I wake up every morning excited to see what shenanigans she'll pull that day. I'm never disappointed. Here are a few of her latest:
  • I was making blueberry pancakes for dinner one night. She was hungry, pulling at my leg during the whole preparation process. While the pancakes were cooking, I put Gracie in her highchair. She kept saying, "Pancake!......Pancake!.....Pancake!...." over and over......finally she said, "Pancake...where are you? Where ARE youuuuuuuu pancake??" I laughed. She finally got her pancakes, and loved them.
  • We've been putting her on a "naughty chair" whenever she acts up. She is really independent, not a big hugger/kisser/cuddler, but when she's on that naughty chair it's like the love switch turns on. She smiles and leans forward and says, "Ohhh mama, hugggg....kiss, kiss! (while she puckers her lips), Ohhhh Mom, wuv you!". Jared and I both melt whenever she does it, and she ends up off the chair in no time which is totally her intention! We're suckers and we know it.
  • For lunch and dinner I dish the food onto our plates and put them on the table. When Gracie sees her food is coming, she closes her eyes, folds her arms and mumbles a quick "prayer". Then she says "MEN!" and is ready to eat! It's quite cute. Some nights we count it as the prayer, some nights we say a new one :)
We love her.

6 comments:

Carly said...

What a cute girl! Fun to get to know her little personality through your blog! Such a doll!

Royal Princess Academy said...

She is darling and this is such a fun new phase.... this talking buisness!! I LOVE it and it sounds like you guys do too.... my favorite was the one on the "naughty chair"- she definitley knows what buttons to push (she's a toddler :))

Pierce Family said...

What cute/funny stories! Don't you just love this age? Grace has Kinsley beat in the vocabulary department. We have a hard time getting Kinsley to say coherent words and haven't even tried sentences yet.

Mom and Dad said...

Maybe that little pink chair should be called the "love chair" where Grace goes to think about being more loving. Its already working that way. Just a thought.

Deidra said...

She's too cute.

I like your mom's idea. Framing that way makes you less of suckers because she does what you want her to do.

Unknown said...

I love the quick little prayer she mumbles, hilarious! Oh children, thank you for your never ending entertainment!