Sep 21, 2009

twenty five

Jared turned 25 yesterday, September 20th. Jared had a good day, despite the little quarter life crisis that came with the BYU game the day before. (Walking home from the game he said things like "I wish I was never born..." "What is the purpose of life?!" :) He pulled out of his depression in time to celebrate his big day. He got to pick out his favorite cereal, Peanut Butter Crunch, and got some pretty good gifts. His parents came down for the weekend as well, which was a special treat...Gracie was good for Dad on his big day...she even said, "Hi Daddy!" when he got her out of her car seat...sweet.

The evening of his birthday we headed to the Jones cousin monthly dinner, which was hosted by the bachelor boys, Abram and Cade. It was a delicious fiesta dinner! Here are the hosts: The girls chit-chatting!
I brought a pinata to the party...I thought a cement truck fit for Mr. Construction man's birthday.The kids gave it a good try (Lexi, Addi and Porter), which was absolutely adorable, but that pinata was pretty stubborn!
Finally the birthday boy finished off the poor pinata. The swedish fish and reeses went flying, and the kids went crazy!
Cake time! I made this round cake and decorated it while Jared was home teaching...when he came home he said, "Nice, an M&M cake.." Unintentional...but perfect! Jared loves M&M's! I now know how to make a cake that looks like an M&M, in case anybody wants to know how.So my man is 25 now. Older. Wiser. He's not the young whipper-snapper he used to be.

But Gracie and I love him more and more every day! Love you Jared!!


9 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Jared... Glad it wasn't completely ruined! And, I'm glad you dug deep and found reasons to continue living! Whew!
And, Miss Abby and Miss Gracie... I think I will be seeing you in just a few short days! Can't wait! Kenley is already excited to see her bff again!

Unknown said...

happy birthday jared! I thought it was funny how he said if BYU lost then his birthday would be ruined...I can see my husband saying something along the same lines. they love their sports! Looks like a fun party with family!

Pierce Family said...

Hey little brother, Happy birthday! I told Eric (when BYU lost) that it probably ruined your birthday. I guess I was right! =)

ps you are an old man!

Jenny said...

I'm glad Jared had a good (minus the football game) birthday weekend! I didn't know he was a Peanut Butter Crunch guy. I would have taken him for a Coco Crisps guy...

Troy and Brittany said...

Happy B-day Jared! I hope the party helped heal your wounds from the FSU debacle...:)

Elliot said...

I love that guy....

Royal Princess Academy said...

Happy Birthday Jared! Even though BYU lost I still hope it was a good day for ya.

GaiaGirl said...

Happy M&M, pinata, toasted coconut Birthday Wishes!

Mom and Dad said...

You forgot to mention the best part of his birthday. An early morning visit from his favorite parents-in-law! How could you forget??? Thanks too for the good breakfast you pack for us. It hit the spot.
Good to see Jared on his birthday.