Sep 21, 2009

BYU game : sensitive subject

We got to go to the BYU vs. Florida game last Saturday with Jared's parents and sister Kristi. I love going to BYU football games...but not when they get killed by a team that they were expected to beat. I couldn't believe how angry the fans were, even after the very first touchdown by Florida! Sheesh. I could tell Jared was getting more and more frustrated as the game went on, finally he had to leave at the beginning of the fourth quarter. He couldn't take it anymore. Going into the game he said, "If they lose today, my birthday is ruined!" (His birthday was on Sunday), sure enough, he was pretty depressed yesterday anytime anyone said the word "football". The speakers in church (a BYU ward) brought it up a couple times and Jared would shake his head in disgust.Gracie had a good time at her first game! She wasn't so sure about all of the screaming fans around her at first, but she warmed up to the idea and screamed along with them after a while.Gracie and I had a good time! But we don't take a BYU loss as personally as Jared does...:)

3 comments:

Didi & Jason said...

That game was horrible. I had to quit watching myself. That's so fun that you went. I want to go one of these days.

Jen said...

You should be a Utah fan and then your life wouldn't have to be so horrilbe. :)

Alison Hixson said...

That was a pretty rough game. Do you guys go to every game? Vaughn and I have season tickets, so we should totally meet up sometime and do lunch before! I love your blog! It is nice to be able to catch up on old friends lives every now and then!