Aug 10, 2009

{JONES family reunion: 1000 Springs}

The Jones Reunion is always a good time...even if it's so cold that the majority of our time was spent in a tent huddling up. Jared and I went a day late because he had to work, but we heard that the first day at 1000 Springs in Hagerman was a cold one. Our campsite was right on the river, so boating, rafting and swimming was planned, but people weren't as anxious to jump in the freezing cold water in the rain and hail! Luckily, the campsite is right on a hot springs, so there were warm places to swim. Really, it doesn't matter what the weather is like, because the main reason we go is to see everybody and just catch up. Here we are in the tent hanging out: We made sure that we got there in time for the family talent show. It's always a crack up and showcases the many Jones family talents. There were hilarious skits, amazing songs accompanied by guitars and fiddles, stand up comedy by a goofy guy named Harry Pitts, a lesson on speaking spanish, followed by some good guitar duets for the rest of the night. We were trying to count all of the little great-grand baby Jones girls that have been born in the last 2 years, and figured there were around 16, with one being born in a few days...not all of them were at the reunion, but we did have a lot of little girls running around! Grandpa Jones did an awesome job at keeping the girls' attention while we took the picture! :) And of course we had to take a picture of Gracie and her cousins Kinsley and Claire: Every year since they were born they take a picture of the six Jones boy cousins that were all born within a year of each other (Jared is the oldest of the guys). This year their mom's jumped in for a cute picture. What a good lookin' bunch:

I say this every year, but whenever I come home from spending time with the Jones family I realize how blessed I am to have married into such an awesome, fun-loving, amazing family. I love spending time with them and am always sad to leave the reunion. Not everyone can say that about their in-laws :) I'm one of the lucky few! Here is a picture of the immediate family:And the extended Jones family (it's huge, and lots of people weren't there!):until next year, Jones reunion!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe all those little girls! Sorry it was chilly, but like you said it's not always what you're doing, but who you're doing it with that really matters.

Mom and Dad said...

This is where the saying started: "Trying to keep up with the Joneses!"
They are such a great example of family love and support. You are blessed Abby, and so are we to have Jared in our family.

Troy and Brittany said...

Looked like fun!! I'm glad you guys got to go even if you were a day late. Oh and Gracie looks a lot like the girl on the right of her in the picture with Kinsley and Claire. Sorry, I don't remember which one is which. I just noticed that. And is she standing on her own now? There's a picture of her standing up, but I can't tell if someone's holding her up.

Jenny said...

That looks like a fun time! I love all the family shots. It is so great that even though they are a HUGE family they still get together. A lot of families just bag it after a while. That is love!

Kelly Peterson said...

I think these are the greatest picture of Gracie I have seen...she is so dang cute... gess there are some good genes coming out of burley!

Deidra said...

What's even better is that all the Joneses are Parishes! :)

Too bad the Parish reunion at Elba Park isn't nearly as cool or as much fun.