Aug 25, 2009

11 months

***This post is SO very late. We've been hanging out in Idaho and I inconveniently left my camera card in Utah, or I would have done it sooner.

Gracie is 11 (and a half) months now. We're gearing up for her big birthday coming up next month, but still really can't believe that it came so soon, I know it's cliche to say, but the time goes by so fast. She's quite the little squirmypants these days. Has anybody heard of the terrible two's coming a year early? :) This picture REALLY says it all: She moves. ALL THE TIME. She gets into everything. ALL THE TIME. She talks. ALL THE TIME. And last but not least, she's got us wrapped around her little finger, all the time. We just love her, and she's getting into a challenging but fun phase. We try to discipline her, or at least help her to know what is right and wrong, and she flashes us one of her many puppy dog faces with a little smirky smile and we melt right there.

Lately, Grace face has been loving:
  • Like I already mentioned, talking. She's got some new sounds she likes and has been trying to say a few more words. Her favorite word is Teddy.
  • Trying to walk by herself, get down from the couch by herself, jump in the river, and dive off of the bed. This girl is fearless which brings fear to her mama.
  • Stuffed animals, can't get enough of them.
  • Doggies. Our neighbors in Idaho had dogs and she'd laugh and point whenever they came around.
  • Eating all foods, her favorite being bananas and anything sugar-y that Dad gives her.
  • drinking out of mama and dad's camelback water bottles.
I took Gracie to the doctor this month for her nine month appointment (don't ask...), and she was just barely 23 pounds and 30 inches long. Her percentages are slowing getting lower, I think she's in the 80's now. She also has 6 teeth now, three on the bottom, three on the top. I can see her seventh about to poke through on top too.

We just love our little Gracie girl, and can't believe that she'll be one in my next update!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! About time. :)
I know... I'm with ya! I can't believe our girls are going to be one!! And, Kenley is exactly the same... INTO EVERYTHING. And, its always the worst thing in the room for her to get into... she's like a trouble magnet. And discipline makes her smile, too. Stinker.
(Please don't make us wait until her birthday for your 'next post!' I love Keeping Up with the Joneses.)

JoMama said...

A year already!
Can't believe it!
She is dang cute!

Unknown said...

I understand comletely with making messes and not sitting still. It's their age, learning and discovering things...although annoying to be putting everything back into cupboards 5 times a day. Happy soon birthday Gracie!

SAYDA said...

She gets cuter and cuter. What a princess!

Jenn said...

She is so cute! My mom and I were just discussing her cuteness today-- I love how she jabbers all the time especially when she's crawling around. It was so fun to spend time with you guys last week!!

kristinann said...

I can't believe it either. I'm so glad that I finally got to meet the little lady. She is so pretty!

The Jones Crew said...

It was so fun to see you guys this last week Gracie is getting so big and to cute I miss you and love you guys Love, Kristi

We Joneses said...

she is darling!! I love those strawberry jammies. Somehow kids are 10x cuter in their jammies. I'd love to see a video of her talking if you ever get around to it. Love you guys!