Jul 20, 2009

AUSTIN, TX

Day one: Traveling...
Gracie's first airplane ride!! She didn't even realize what was going on...she did so great. We were worried she'd get bored, but every time she got a little fussy, we gave her an animal cracker and she was good. I sat next to a cattle rancher with the thickest Texan accent, who told me lots of things to do around Austin. It was very fitting for my first time to Texas. Gracie meeting Elliot for the first time (at the airport). Of course she was fascinated with his blond goatee. She loves him.: Day two: Blessing baby Jonas! We didn't have our rental car yet, so El had to make two trips to take everybody to church. As soon as we walked in and sat down it was pretty much time for the little guy's blessing. We made it just in the nick of time....Jonas is so cute (we've already had some good cuddle time...) and looked adorable in his little blessing outfit, which was Elliot's blessing outfit. They look so much alike. Here are some pictures from his big day, which we were so happy to be here for!: Proud Grandpa!

Gracie loves to follow Lia around...Later that evening we went for a drive around Austin. I love the rolling hills with all of the dense green trees. It's so pretty. The skyline was pretty cool too:
El took us by his Law School at University of Texas. Jared was, of course, most impressed by the ginormous football stadium, and is officially now a longhorns fan.
All around Austin they use this old stone on all of their buildings and their houses. I love it! This is the kind of place I pictured being in Texas:

All tuckered out after their first day of Austin! I am so happy we get to be here for a whole week!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm a tad jelouse that you girls (Betzle, Erin, an your cute babes) got together! Now you'll have to make sure you go see Crystal & Emersyn (in Austin)! I love all you girls! Oh, and I've decided we HAVE to have a reunion some time with all of us! Valerie too of course! = )

Mom and Dad said...

I did get in to comment finally. Thanks Abby for the update and photos. Great. Glad y'all are having a good time. It is a fun place. Kiss everyone for me.
Mom,

Unknown said...

I must have called while you were on your flight to Austin. Enjoy your week in the Lonestar State with Elly Belly and his fam!

Pierce Family said...

I didn't know you guys were going to Texas. How fun!!! I'm glad Grace was good on the plane... fussy babies are the pits.

The Hall Clan said...

How cool...chad's bro just BARELY moved his fam to Austin to work for Dell. We may just have to go visit. My sis in law is from alaska and austin has broken heat records (30+ days of 100+ heat)..so she is dying. fun for gracie too.