Jun 2, 2009

my fave's!

Ok, let's talk about some of my favorite things for just a minute. I have lots of fave's these days, and I thought I'd share.

First off:

1. Wipeout
. We LOVE this show...I don't think we've ever laughed so hard at one show before as we do on Wednesday nights watching this gem. Honestly, when I first saw the previews for this show, it looked pretty lame to me. Well, it turned out not only to be awesome, but probably Jared's favorite show of all time. We've watched it for a couple seasons now, and are pretty big fans. Seriously. So funny. 2. another t.v. show: SYTYCD! (so you think you can dance) I had forgotten how much I love this show. Jared knows that every week I am bound to break out a (poorly executed) arabesque after watching it. It makes me wish I was a dancer sooooo much! It's pretty awesome. And we love the music they dance to, it's always so good. It kicks Dancing with the Star's trash. (what is the hype about that show anyway!?! I don't get it.)3. Costco animal crackers with milk. No joke, our FAVORITE snack ever! You just toss a couple animals in a glass of milk at a time....let them soak for 3 seconds (NO longer.)...scoop them back up and it's like heaven! We just bought our second tub yesterday.4. My Calling. I have been in the primary presidency for over a year now, and my time there is coming to an end. We've always had a teeny little primary, but as of now we only have ONE kid, who is moving this week. I LOVE this kid. He makes us laugh constantly with his one liners and funny ideas. I'm going to miss him, and my lovely calling.5. My Sonicare Toothbrush. I have to put a plug in for good oral hygiene :) It's wonderful. If you don't have one, Costco has two for pretty much the price of one...such a good deal. It makes the biggest difference. I had to brush manually for a few months between electric toothbrushes, and it was not great. I am addicted to electric. Speaking of teeth, I also have the BEST job. I work one day a week at pretty much the ideal dental office. I look forward to Wednesdays because everyone I work with I LOVE, and have some awesome patients. It's pretty much a party every week.6. Running. Gracie and I go running every morning these days (except Sundays), and I love it. It just makes my day go better and makes me feel so good. I love being in good shape and challenging my body. Provo does have some crazy hills though, that, to be completely honest, sometimes I don't love so much...but they are a good challenge. I think I've loved running ever since playing soccer in High School where we ran like crazy. 7. Classical Music. I grew up listening to classical music my Mom would play, and have always loved it. Whenever Gracie and I are in the car I always will turn the radio to a classical music station. It's so peaceful. I still love other kinds of music, but it's good to change it up now and then. If you haven't heard the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack, you need to. It's so amazing. Also, Pandora has some really good classical stations.8. Lastly, Gracie's tooth-y little smile. She sure knows how to cheese it these days. She smiles big, squints her eyes and makes a little high-pitched squeal. We love it and crack up every time she does it. It's so dang cute! She totally knows how to win her parents over already. Here's a sideways video showing off her new teeth (they are even higher now):



P.S. Gracie laughs so hard when she watches this video of herself laughing so hard....silly girl.

9 comments:

Erin said...

What a sweet girl!
I may be making a trip to the Happy Valley sometime this summer... We should get together and let the girls meet! :)

Mandy said...

I love Gracie's laugh! So cute! I'm also a little envious of your job. I'm still looking for the perfect 1 day a week job. :) Any advice?

Laura said...

I'm going to miss primary too! Really, could there be a better calling?

Unknown said...

I want to check out the Pride and Prejudice sountdtrack now. And I'm pretty sure it's Clay who busts out the dance moves when we watch those shows! :) I love imagining you doing your arabesque!

Troy and Brittany said...

Oh Gracie! I was laughing right along with her. And many of your faves are mine as well. I forgot Wipeout is back on! Yahoo! Something to watch tonight!

Royal Princess Academy said...

her laugh is adorable!!! Kayson thought she was pretty funny too i keep playing it over and over cause it makes him giggle!!!!!what a cutie you have!!!

Liz Wilcken said...

Well, I can tell you Ben is going to miss ya'll too. Whenever he sees a primary leader during the day, he talks about them for the REST OF THE DAY!!! He think Primary rocks :)

Mom and Dad said...

Glad to see your lists of favs includes classical music!! Yeah!!!
love, Mom
P.S. I better get some animal crackers for the next time you are in town!
P.P.S Gracie's laugh is such a delight.

Steph Ulrich said...

Totally have to agree on the Dance shows! Tim's mom is always raving about Dancing with the Stars and I just don't get it. SYTYCD totally came to Seattle, but Tim wouldn't go try out with me and I was to wimpy to go it alone!