On Saturday morning my mom, my sister Jenny and I ran in a 5K race in Rupert. It was so awesome running right next to the snake river in perfect weather. The McMillan girls represented: we all won our age divisions! (doesn't matter how many people ran against us right? :) )
My family spent the rest of the day in Twin Falls, going to lunch, doing some shopping and we went to see Shoshone Falls, which was incredible! I have never seen it so huge before! Gracie was so fascinated with it, she would NOT turn around for a picture, her eyes were glued on the water. It was gorgeous.
We took the babies and Crew in a trailer behind a 4 wheeler around my parents yard...Gracie liked it well enough when we were going slow and straight...but when my Dad took us over the berms she HATED it! She'd get this panicked look like she was going to fall out of the trailer and let out a little yelp. Ruby just smiled the whole time. We'll have Gracie driving a 4 wheeler before she knows it!
This weekend, and Sunday in particular, gave me time to think about motherhood and how blessed I am to be a mom. It's been the ultimate love of my life having a daughter and makes me realize that motherhood is a divine calling that I can't take lightly. I love it and wouldn't want to be doing anything else in my life right now. I was also thinking that as adults there aren't very many "firsts" to celebrate anymore. First tooth, first steps, first day of school, first date. The firsts kind of fizzle out as we get older, so it was really fun to finally celebrate my first Mother's day. It was just like adding another birthday to my calendar! Jared and Gracie were so nice and did everything for me all day long. Jared made me and his mom breakfast, took care of Gracie when she was fussy, and gave me some time off. He even got me a new electric toothbrush :) perfect day.
Jared took a few "first Mother's Day" photos of Gracie and me. Love this girl!!
8 comments:
I swear you guys are the cutest family ever...well, maybe after ours. ;) BTW, I've been craving this zucchini lasagna you've been talking about for DAYS! I think I NEED the recipe.
I just LOVE that last picture!
I love the black & white pic--sooo cute! It was so fun to see you guys--wish we could have hung out more--next time--oh, the flip-flops fit great-- thanks they're super cute!
Family, Fun, Photos, and a fun Run...what more could a mother possibly want?!
I love your Mother's Day pics. They are so beautiful! I'm glad you had a great day!
It was fun to be with you. You are a great mother.
love, Mom
How fun- Gracie is so cute and getting so big- it's crazy how fast they grow.... :(!! I am so glad that you had a fabulous mother's day! We can look forward to many more to come!
Gracie's gonna be a knockout! ha, she already is actually.
Post a Comment