Oct 13, 2008

My sweet Grandpa

My wonderful Grandpa McMillan passed away this week. I will miss him so much and know that I will see him again someday. Thank goodness for the knowledge of eternal families. His funeral was today and was really nice. All of my family was there except for Elliot, Kristin and Lia (who we missed!!!) We all had a good time together remembering Grandpa and all of his wonderful qualities and attributes that we want to emulate. I am so grateful that he was able to meet Gracie before he passed away.This picture is the last that I have of him, I love his face in this picture...it just shows how much he just loved his grandkids and great grandkids. All of the Grandkids minus Lia and Ruby who will be here soon! (my sister Jenny's baby that is due in 3 weeks.) They had a good time running around together and had some sweet memories of Grandpa as well.Our little family. The sibs minus El. Here are the latest pictures of Gracie. She is such a sweetie! She has been working on getting smarter. We printed off that black and white page that stimulate babies since they can only see in black and white. She STARES at it for the longest time!! Sometimes she likes to hold the paper by herself. She's such a big girl!
I just thought she looked cute in this outfit...
She was in a super smiley mood one day and I caught one right before she fell asleep..
Her first bath!! Look at that round tummy :) She actually really liked the whole experience until......
we got her out of the bath. She just wanted to stay in the warm water!

15 comments:

Pierce Family said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know Jared always spoke highly of him. I think Grace has Jared's eyes in the pic of her holding the paper... but she has also has your chin. She is a good mix.

Manuel and Chelsea said...

Hi Abby! Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I found your blog thru Steph's, hope you don't mind. YOur little girl is so adorable and she looks like Jared so much in one of her pictures! You guys look so happy and that's wonderful! Take care.
www.manuelandchelsea.blogspot.com

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Oh, Ab. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm glad he got to meet his beautiful great-granddaughter. She's so cute. We have the 'Hug Me' onesies set, too... only in preemie size. So, she wears those onesies all the time! I love them. And, your braces are off! Yay! Your teeth look lovely. Love your little family. You're sweet...

Nancy said...

Your grandpa looks like such a sweet nice man! I'm so glad we'll get to see our grandparents again someday! You guys have such a cute family, and Gracie is the cutest of all!

Whitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Gracie is sure a cute little one!

Royal Princess Academy said...

I am sorry to here about your Grandpa Abby- What a comfort though to know you will be able to see him again! Gracie looks like such a sweetheart!

kristinann said...

We love all the pics!! Gracie is so cute! I really love the pic where she is crying. I just want to reach out and give her a hug! We really wish we could have been there! It would have been nice to say good bye to Grandpa and see all you guys again!

melissa said...

hey abby--sorry about your grandpa..hope you and your family are doing okay. such cute pictures of little Grace though.... we just love her!!

Troy and Brittany said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa. That's awesome he got to meet Grace before he passed on. She looks adorable!

Unknown said...

Look at all that has happened. Congrats on lil Gracie

-The Mallards http://jessicaandtaylor.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

Hey Ab. I know this has nothing to do with this post, but I wanted to say:
HAPPY ONE MONTH, GRACIE!

Grandma KT said...

Hi Abby, Gracie & Jared! It was nice to be together for a while at the funeral. Thad felt terrible he couldn't make it. I know Nate & Lisa are showing dad around, that's what helps me get through. Anyway, love you all, Aunt Karen T

MegiJones said...

Hey Abby- I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope the family is doing well. I love that pic you have of him and the cute expression on his face.