Nov 5, 2007

Our future pets


For family home evening tonight Jared and I filled out a questionnaire to see how compatible we were...the idea was to see how many answers we had the same, and the ones that were different we were supposed to "talk them through"....most all of our answers were the exact same: we both squeeze the tube of toothpaste from the middle, we both like apples more than oranges, we both enjoy cooking, we both do not obey the posted speed limit...however, there was one question that we could not agree on, even after talking it out. The question states: "I do not want animals as house pets." Growing up I loved keeping little pet lizards and turtles. Jared's argument was that pets stink and they make the house dirty. We talked about it for a long time and could not agree. I agreed with Jared that I didn't want dogs or cats inside the house, but am I wrong to have little pets in their own little aquarium?

6 comments:

Troy and Brittany said...

This post made me laugh because Troy and I have that discussion probably every other day. Of course we would, though, it's ME for heaven's sakes! hahaha

Rochelle said...

Pets or no pets...I think that is definitely a topic of discussion in every marriage...

Anonymous said...

Hey you cute couple,
This is Jaymie Davis now Spiegel, how are you guys doing. You guys are so cute together. I think everybody know in 9th grade that you guys were going to get married. Just thought I would drop you line
Jaymie Spiegel

MegiJones said...

Jared and Abby!! Glad you guys are blogging! We love the pics and all of the news...especially the murder mystery dinner...how fun! Wish we could be up in UT with you all! Talk to you later...

Megi and Ty

Deidra said...

I'm all for reptiles in the house, but if they've got fur-- forgettaboutit. Tameka and I were talking about her turtles and my iguana the other day, and how much my mom loved them (and, well, so did we). But they can get stinky, so you just have to keep them clean. I think the same goes for fridges and trash cans, though!

John and Kassie said...

Hey you two! I found your blog off Ty and Megi's blog---so hope you don't mind me dropping a line----but this definitely made me laugh since John and I discuss this as well. I guess I am with Jared though---it must come from the Beck side:) ----I say it is okay if John is in charge of keeping it from smelling---is that possible? I am an outdoor dog girl---but we haven't ventured there for ourselves yet----we just babysit the neighbors dogs and that is good enough for my boys as of now! Anyway---enjoy Thanksgiving and maybe we will see you around for the holidays----hey Jared---are Jason and Jenn blogging yet?