Feb 23, 2016

June/ July 2015

The McMillan family all met up at Lake Cleveland campgrounds for a big camping trip. We all brought food and tents, fishing poles and motorcycles and had a grand old time. 











The next morning we woke up early and made our way to Melcher with the McMillans for a day of 4 wheeling together. The roads were dusty, so that made the 4 wheeler-riders pretty dusty too.

We celebrated Dad's birthday while we were up there, German chocolate cake and hamburgers!


We love our front porch in the summer time. Every evening is spent outside soaking it all in!


 

Had to document 1. the tanlines. 2. the nakedness! Who knew girls liked to run around naked too.



We went back to Grandma and Grandpa's and had another little celebration on Grandpa's birthday on their party deck with their party lights!



4th of July celebrations! We started out watching fireworks at my parents a couple days before the big day. 

The 4th of July is my favorite. We wake up early and go to our ward breakfast all decked out in our red white and blue...




Then we head to the Rupert parade and watch the excitement there....


Then this year we went boating that afternoon with the Jones family...





That night we were settling in at the Jones' for a barbecue and to watch their famous firework show. Elliot and his family were staying with us this year and came with us to the barbecue. We got a call from my parents that my Grandma McMillan had had a stroke and was unconscious. It was a heartbreaking call to get, but we decided to go to Orem and see her. We knew her time was short, and wanted to see her and say goodbye. We made the decision to drive down that night and stay with Scott. We got to his house, and I dropped my family off and drove to the hospital with my siblings and parents. It was a really special time. One I'll never forget. The next day was fast sunday, so we all decided to fast together for her to be comfortable and to pass quickly with no pain. My brothers and dad gave her a priesthood blessing, and Jared and I were able to hold her hand and say our goodbyes. Sure love that lady so much.



Her beautiful hands I will never forget! She even had a garfield bandaid on one finger which I loved. :)

The next day we went to her house together one last time. I took pictures of the rooms so I'd never forget what her house was like. It was such a happy place full of fun family memories. 





The famous cookie drawer!






No comments: