Sep 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss Lucy!

Lucy is TWO years old! I just can't believe it. She hasn't really given us much of the "terrible two's" YET, but we're not holding our breath ;) She really is a sweetie with loads of personality to go around. She is so entertaining to just watch. She has very animated expressions, you never have to guess what she's thinking....

She woke up to lots of balloons and a birthday banner in the living room. We had set out her new baby bed, stroller and high chair, along with some wrapped gifts. Here she is, before she got to the living room....
 She immediately went for the wrapped presents and started ripping off the paper!


 She kept saying, "MY birfday! My birfday!" 


 The new tea set was a big hit....

 Tea in the baby bed....why not? It's your birthday, go for it....
We hated to interrupt the tea parties and playing with babies, but we had a big day planned. We loaded the girls in the car and headed for the Boise Zoo. Lucy chose to go there for her birthday out of the zoo, the park or swimming. :) We ate a quick picnic lunch before going in to the zoo...
Lots of ZOO pictures:
 
 Lucy and Mom with the zebras....(I was a little embarrassed that I wore a shirt that matched!)
 Watching the penguins....
 The super fun giraffe slide...
 Lucy in the groundhog tunnels...
 We spent an extra dollar to go into the butterfly pavilion. It was amazzzzzing! There were thousands of butterflies, big and small, just flying around landing on people's heads and shirts! It was kind of scary! I called them kamikaze butterflies. The girls loved it though...
 We went into this rainforest display and this monkey was screeaaamming! It was so funny! He was real mad about something....
 We had a fabulous day at the zoo. It's just the right size for walking around in one day. 
We made a quick trip to Costco before heading home. Of course we can't go to Costco without getting an ice cream! Lucy got to hold it by herself because she was the birthday girl!
 Lucy loves rainbows and ALWAYS points them out, either in person or pictures or cartoons. She always gets rainbow flavored snowcones and says it so darling (while looping her hand in a rainbow shape) , "A WAINBOWWWW!" So, we made a rainbow cake....
 Gracie helped her blow her candles...

 Here they are singing "Happy Birthday" again....
Sweet girls!

Some fun facts about Lucy at age two: 
  • She is such a great eater, there's very few things she won't eat.
  • Whenever we get in the car, she always has to ask, "Mommy....where going?" with her hands up, questioning.
  • She loves to play with Grace and they play really well together. 
  • She is much cleaner than Grace. Both when she's eating, and playing with toys. She'll get out a puzzle, then put the whole thing back into the box. If she gets crayons out, she'll make sure she gets ALL the crayons back into the bag. 
  • She has this "cheese-it" smile, where she totally knows she's being cute and can get anything she wants.
  • She always points out airplanes and things they are the most amazing things ever.
  • Since moving to Caldwell we put Grace and Lucy in the same bed, and they've done great! They LOVE sleeping together and if they get in trouble, it's the worst thing ever to split them up. 
  • Want to win her over? Give her some fruit snacks....
We LOVE Luce and are so grateful she's in our family!

3 comments:

The Jones Crew said...

I love all of Lucy's birthday party pictures they are all so cute I am so glad she had a great birthday I can't believe she is two years old! I love the rainbow birthday cake It was so cute I also love the picture of Lucy and her ice cream I love the picture of her when she got to open all of the presents I think she will have lots of fun with all of her baby toys
Abby & Jared do you guys have a name picked out for your baby girl yet I love you guys so very much
Love your little sister Kristi Jones

Adele said...

That rainbow cake is awesome Abby!! Nice work! Cutie 2 year old Lucy! Next blog post... baby!!! Can't wait!

The Jones Crew said...

Jared and Abby

Congrats on the new little baby I feel very honored she is very cute Love, your little sister Kristi Jones