Sep 16, 2012

Grace is 4!

(I know, I need to post about the baby, that will be next!)

Gracie's birthday was yesterday. She has been looking forward to "September fiteenth" (that's how she says it), all year long. She had me tell her how many days away it was months ago, so needless to say she was super excited for it to finally be here! We hung crepe paper streamers and blew up balloons for her to wake up to. When she came out and I told her I wanted to take a picture, she decided to give me a little wink: 
 Our big four year old! 
 She got right down to business unwrapping her gifts! She is a wrapping paper destroying machine....
 Another little pose she learned somewhere....? 
New nail polish and lip gloss from her cousin Kinsley!
 New boots and watering can!
 Everyone took a turn getting their toenails painted...even Jared.
 New digital camera from Grandma and Grandpa!
 She was thrilled about all her new gifts and could have played all day. We decided to take her to the jump house we found in Meridian. She loves the one in Burley (Party Hardy), so we knew she'd love this place....

 The foam pit was the best part. At first she was a little cautious, but soon she jumped in with no fear.

 Lucy ran around and had lots of fun too...but I did catch her in some funny poses that made it look like she was bored out of her mind ;) 
 Three sisters....
 As soon as we got home she changed into her new tutu dress and boots that she had unwrapped that morning. She was pretending to teach me ballet. 

 We went out that evening to Red Robbin for her birthday dinner. The watresses all came to our table and announced that it was Gracie's birthday. They had her stand up and sang her a cute birthday song...
 She was SO embarrassed! She looked down the whole time...



Later we came home, had a movie night (The Little Mermaid!) and then had birthday cake. Grace just requested that it was a Princess cake, so I made this one. Not anything fancy....but it did the job! She loved it :)



Happy Birthday to our spunky four year old! 
We love our Gracie Della! Here are a few Grace funnies since we've been here in Caldwell:
  • I had run into the store and Jared was out in the car with the kids. Jared asked Gracie, "Where is mom? She's taking a long time..." Gracie saw an old lady walk out of the store and said, "There she is Dad! Someone cast an evil spell on her and turned her into an old lady!" 
  • I was talking to Grace about how London had come from Heaven. I said, "Heavenly father chose our family to send London to. She just came down from Heaven not very long ago..." Gracie said, "Yeah...did Jesus push her out?" 
  • We got out of our car one day to go into the grocery store. Caldwell has all sorts of smells going on, they harvest onions so we can smell that a lot, as well as other weird things. It was really stinky that day and Grace said, "Mom! It smells like the world has a stinky diaper!" It was true....

3 comments:

Deidra said...

Gracie just oozes personality. She cracks me up. Glad she had a great birthday and can't wait to read more about London!

The Jones Crew said...

I hope Grace had a fun Birthday party I all so loved the picture of her cake I was so cute Love, Kristi

Unknown said...

She is just adorable! And your cake rocked! I think I'll be doing one (or two) of those in the near future. I love that you have older girls that I can learn from!