Aug 6, 2012

4th of July

Phew...I am mega behind on this blog! I'll just start with the Fourth and go from there...
Our 4th of July was pretty low key this year. Normally we come to Burley and really live it up with both families on the fourth. It's one of my favorite holidays in Burley. This year, both our parents were out of town. We decided to just celebrate with our girls and make the most of it! 
That morning we went to our ward breakfast, which was really yummy and fun with our ward family. Here is Grace in her red, white and blue.
 Both the girls showing their patriotic spirit...
After the breakfast we went to the Rupert parade. We found a nice little spot under a tree (shade is rare at that parade!) and loved watching everything. (I love gracie's smile....)
 Later that evening we drove to the golf course for the firework show. A man in our ward runs the golf course and always has a little shin-dig with lots of our ward right behind where they light off the fireworks! We took his son, who is one of Jared's deacons, with us and Grace was so excited...pretty sure she has a little crush...
 Some ward members and friends getting ready for the big show...
 The sun was setting and coming through the trees, it was a perfect night!
 Caramel popcorn, nobake cookies, and patriotic music. Nothin' better.
 The kids were handing out glow sticks.
 The sun is down, we are ready for the action! 



 We loved it! They were loud, but the show was great. The girls even stayed awake until we got to the car and waited 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. :) It's all worth it though! 

The weekend of the 4th, Jared's parent's got back into town and decided to celebrate the holiday then. They always buy lots of big fancy fireworks and have a barbecue with the extended Jones fam...so fun. 
Jared and I brought a red white and blue trifle for dessert. 
 Fireworks were after dinner


 super fuzzy picture of us gearing up for the Jones family firework show!
 When they were all done, Grace, Lucy and Kate decided they wanted to sleep under the stars...so I let them for about 5 minutes before we had to go home. 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Looks like a fun summer. I clicked on your blog to see if you were spilling the beans on why you "temporarily" moved to Boise! Good luck with Baby #3!

BTW -Edward and I both agree that Jared has the most awesome smile. He always looks like he has so much enthusiasm for life!