Mar 9, 2012

count your many blessings

I know I've been a little MIA lately on this blog. I have good reason though! I've kind of checked out on all extra-curricular activities due to the fact that I'm pregnant and lazy. We found out in early January that we were expecting again, a slight surprise, but not unwelcome for sure. The sickness hit not long after that and I've lost most of my motivation to do anything. Looking forward to this constant "blah" feeling to be gone, but at least it's for good reason!
I'm not a huge fan of belly shots, especially in this in-between phase. yuck. But I guess it's fun to compare from pregnancy to pregnancy.
For journaling purposes, I wanted to write how I told Jared I was pregnant. I seriously didn't think I was, so I put it off for a week or so after my missed period. When I took the test I was pretty shocked. I had just brushed my teeth, was ready for bed and walked into our room where Jared was playing the guitar. I had to think fast if I wanted to be creative in telling him. I said, "Hey, I wrote a new song today, do you want me to play it for you?" He was pretty surprised and said, "OK! You haven't played for me in forever....I'm excited". I took the guitar and said, "Ok, listen really closely to the words, they're really special, I wrote this song about you." His face was priceless. Super excited to hear this great song I wrote. Probably expected something love-y dovey mushy. He had another thing comin'. My mind was scrambling....and this is what I came up with, along with really easy guitar chords: "I just peed on a stick....and it had two lines on it....a baby is coming in September....it'll be a day to remember....." hehe....(sorry it's a little gross, I know!)
His face went from excitement to confusion to "What the heck!?!?!" to fear to excitement again. It was great, and we're really pumped to have 3 kids! I told Jared we needed to keep it mum for a while, even from Grace, but he couldn't help himself. He told her a day later. And a day after that, 50 new people knew that there was a "baby in my mommy's belly!" My parents, my brother's family, the mom's at preschool, random people at the grocery store. Awesome. 

Speaking of that, we realized our car wouldn't fit 3 kids. So the car shopping began and it was quite the process. We sold our car with Spencer and Jen in Logan, then looked at auctions and KSL for weeks to decide what was best. I told Jared not long after we were married that white armada's were my favorite car, and we just so happened to find the greatest deal ever on this one. I LOVE IT! 
 I just feel so grateful that things have fallen into place like they have. Even though things weren't planned in advance, everything has worked out and it's made me soooo appreciate my blessings! 

11 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you. :)


Oh, and in case I haven't said it 100 times already, CONGRATS!

Deidra said...

Yay! So excited. And love that you made it exciting to tell Jared, even with no planning.

I find it funny that you like white Armadas. Other colors, not so much?! :)

The Petersons said...

cute song. good work at being creative to tell him, it's more fun that way i'm sure. :)

i'm loving that car. i'm also a huge fan of armadas. and all cars white. :) CONGRATS!

melissa said...

yeah. i'm so excited for you guys still... cant wait to find out if this jones baby is boy or girl. either way 'it' will be stinkin cute i'm sure!!
totally love your new car. i can already picture you cruisin around in it. my mom wants that car too.

Troy and Brittany said...

I knew when you said you were car shopping you would get that car! So cute and I know you'll look like quite the hot mommy in it! Congrats on the pregnancy I hope you get feeling better super soon!

Adele said...

Congrats.... Again! I hope you're really starting to feel better by now! I love the new ride! Can't wait to see it in person!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you're already 14 weeks even though the news has been out for awhile--so far it's going quickly (for me anyway). I hope you get your energy back soon and start feeling better. But hey, if you gotta feel crappy it might as well be during the winter, right? LOVE the new ride. I was hoping you'd be my swagger wagon friend, but this is much cooler for sure.

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys! You are seriously the best and cutest parents ever. And of course your kids are beautiful and adorable! Can't wait to see another Jones baby :)

JoMama said...

Congrats! I saw a girl at the store the other that looked just like you...she had three little girls, reminded so much of you and now I can't picture you with anything but three cute little girls.
And we are seriously considering an Armada(my dream would be a black one, but your white one looks pretty dang good); but who knows we love having a minivan so we might go with that.

Ryan and Betsy Stromberg said...

YAY! So i have kinda been MIA lately have just caught up on your blog... CONGRATULATIONS! You have the most adorable little family ever and i'm excited to see how the next little jones come out:) SO excited for your guys!! and i LOVE the car:)

Kelly Peterson said...

I love how you told Jared about the babe, very cute! Also I love the car... also one of my fav's!