Feb 7, 2012

miss america 2012

In keeping with tradition, I had a Miss America party this year.
It was an entertaining pageant this year, and we had a super fun girl's night. 
I love discussing all the details with a fun group of girls....it's like the super bowl for women, really.
(Taryn, Adele, Kelly, Jess, Amanda, Stephanie, Melissa, Jenn)
 Every single person there thought Miss Louisiana had it in the bag, we liked her river dancing talent the best, but we were all wrong. Miss Wisconsin came out on top this year.
Adele had the most points total, so she was crowned the winner!
 She was so thrilled! :)
 The top 3 won some major cash and prizes and scholarships :)...from the dollar store.
 We had very diverse foods, from many different states. Miss Utah's jello, Miss Hawaii's coconut cake, etc. 
A pageant isn't a pageant without some really sugar-y sweets to munch on!
 I love this tradition and my awesome friends from High School for starting it! 
One of these years we need to actually GO to the pageant....can't wait. :)

I just had to throw a picture of my girls in. They are the sweetest. Lately they are such great friends. Lucy mimics every move Gracie makes and can't stand if she goes somewhere without her. I caught them cuddling on the couch the other day and had to snap a picture. Love them...

4 comments:

JoMama said...

What a fun night with your girlfriends!!
And what a precious moment with your girls!

Jenn said...

I love this tradition!!! Someday we need to go to Vegas and watch the real thing!

Adele said...

I loved it!! I had so much fun! I agree with Jenn... one of these years, we need to go to the real thing!

B-Hams said...

abby you are so dang cute! i miss you so much! Some day i want to come to your great miss america party, maybe i will throw one out here in Germany next year in honor of our home land!