The night before Christmas Eve, my siblings took gifts to a family in my parents ward with two small kids. It was fun going shopping together and picking everything out. Later that night we all went to Sherlock Holmes 2 and loved it!
We had a marathon of a Christmas Eve this year. I love that we live by both of our parents, because there is always something going on, and we get to hang out with both families. It is slightly exhausting, but well worth it.
The morning of Christmas Eve, we met at my parent's church for our annual indoor soccer game. This year was especially fun because all of the grandkids are getting old enough to play, so the teams were bigger. My Dad went to Brazil on his mission and has these little indoor soccer balls that are perfect! So fun. Then we played some basketball (I did win a game of lightning against my whole family! Probably a fluke, but still!) :)
We went home for naps, then to the Jones family Christmas Eve party.
We had a delicious dinner, then acted out the nativity. Bonnie had borrowed tons of costumes for us to choose from! This year Jared and I were Mary and Joseph, Lucy was baby Jesus and Grace was an angel.
We exchanged gifts...
So fun...then around 5:30 we headed to the McMillan house for their big shin-dig.
When we walked in the door, we saw this:
El and Kristin just borrowed some things out of my school-teacher mother's closet! :) My Mom invited her friend Adele to join us that night and I dared Elliot to play up his outfit. Act like it was totally normal for him to be wearing it. When she got there he turned into a Mr. Rogers type character until my Mom couldn't take it and blew his cover. I loved it.
The the McMillan grandkids performed the Nativity for us. Rhiannon was the narrator, and Brendan accompanied some Christmas carols on his guitar.
Cute kiddos...
Brady performed a musical number on his guitar. He added his own little flare to the vocals, very impressive.
Avery performed a violin Christmas song...
Then the kids sat in a circle to open a little gift from Grandma
Matching shirts!
We had to snap a picture of the kids, of course.
Then Melinda and Brendan prepared the desserts, which were to die for. Brendan had his torch out for the creme brulle, Melinda made pistachio cheese cake and steamed gingerbread milk w/biscotti. YUM. Not to mention the chocolate fountain..
We couldn't pull these girls away from the chocolate...
All the kids opened their new Christmas jammies
This was the best picture we got of the girls in their jammies...Grace had just pulled Lucy's binky out and she wasn't too happy about it.
We took the girls home, put them to bed, put out some cookies for Santa and set up their Christmas gifts.
We loved setting everything up...we were like little kids ourselves!
3 comments:
Such a fun Christmas. I am so clueless. I didn't realize those chairs were NEW NEW NEW I knew they were really cute but did't know they were from Christmas. You will have to tell me where you got them.
Those chairs are ADORABLE!!!!! Sounds like you had an amazingly fun Christmas!
So fun! I love how you set everything up with the cute little chairs! Reese would love that car rug and b-ball hoop! We may have to come visit sometime ;)
Post a Comment