Apr 2, 2011

April 1st.

Delicious chocolate truffle-y goodness.....
 (Gracie couldn't wait to try one....)
 Here she is confused by the cotton that she just pulled from her mouth, wondering what it was. I warned her that these chocolates were different, then I figured she'd have to learn what April Fools is someday, why not when she's 2? :)
 I dipped cotton balls in melted chocolate this year for April fools! My friend from work did them every year and I fell for it every time! I love it. Her's looked much more professional than mine though.
Jared knew immediately what they were, he'd had my friend's chocolates as well, so I didn't fool him.
We went with Jared's family to lunch where we put some on a plate and told them that the restaurant had made complimentary truffles for everyone. Nobody suspected a thing! His dad and our niece Kate popped them in their mouths. I am so bad at keeping a straight face. I always giggle the second anybody grabs one. 
I gave a bag of some to my parents, Jared took some to work, we took a plate over to our neighbors....they were a hit! I love a good prank. 
hehehe.

In other news...
Here is Lucy hanging out without her diaper on. I just had to take a picture.
I love baby bums!
 Poor Gracie has been a little sicky lately. She has had a bad cold that has turned into a fever/headache, and has given her a bad cough that makes her throw up. It's been a bad one, poor thing. Last night we were awake listening to her cough for probably half the night. Then we took a middle of the night bath after the cough made her gag and throw up. I hate having sick kids, it's the worst! 

We woke up to her camping out outside our door this morning, we had no idea she was out there or we would have brought her in with us. 

6 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

What a great idea! I racked my brain all day and couldn't come up with anything! Love Gracie's face in that picture.
Sorry you've had sick kiddos, that makes everything so hard, you definetly needed a night out!

Erin said...

We have some sick kids, too. Well, mostly Ash. Hopefully Keeks doesn't come down with it... And, Gracie sleeping outside your door is the most heartbreaking/sweet thing I've ever seen...

Kelly Peterson said...

I love you abby! I can't wait for Grant to be old enough to give him a candy with a cotton ball. How exciting! Hope you all get 100% well soon.

JoMama said...

Great Prank!
Poor sicky, so sad.

Unknown said...

I love it! I'm totally going to give this a try next year. And THAT BUM!!

The Jones Crew said...

We hope everyone is feeling better!