We started our Turkey day with a little trot.
It was the Mini Cassia Turkey Trot 5K which started at West Minico and wound it's way around Paul.
It was a cooooold morning, and the road was completely icy, but it was still a blast. There were lots more runners than we thought there would be, and we saw many people we knew, which was fun! I think running it will be a yearly tradition. Here are the runners with the life-sized turkey :)
We finished!!
I wore my Texas Longhorns t-shirt in honor of Elliot's family who couldn't come for Thanksgiving. All of my other siblings and their families came to Burley for the holiday..
It was the McMillan family's year for Thanksgiving, but we were lucky that both of our families live in town so we get to spend time with both. We had two wonderful dinners! Our first one was at the Jones household, and it was totally delicious...I seriously can't pick what was my favorite part. We had lots of fun playing games afterward too.
(this pic was actually taken a few days before Thanksgiving, at FHE)
We then headed to the McMillan house for a huge feast. Every part of the meal was so very good.
We finished off the day with some of Melinda's gourmet desserts, which included:rum banana foster trifle, mango blackberry pie (to die for!), a pear chocolate tart, gingerbread apricot cake, and of course, pumpkin pie. I loved every bite.
The very happy, very full Jones family:
The next day my family went to the church gym to play basketball and indoor soccer, which is always a fun tradition. The little kids had a blast running around the church with their cousins. It felt good working off some of the mashed potato calories too. :)
We set up our Christmas decorations, so we're officially ready for December. We've only lived in apartments up until now, so it was nice having a home to decorate! We love it! Gracie has already gotten into some trouble with the glass ornaments, but she's getting used to it :)
That evening we hosted the McMillans at our house for some homemade Indian food (Jared and my favorite..he ate it on his mission). We made chicken tikka masala, chicken coconut korma, naan and mango lassies. Everything was really delicious, and we're reminded of it every time we walk into our stinky Indian food-smelling house :). It was totally worth it, and we had a great time with our family.
The next day was the McMillan tradition of making gingerbread houses. My Mom always buys us the pre-made gingerbread kits and lets each family go for it. It's fun to see how creative we can get.
Here are the finished houses...can you tell who's house is the architect's? :) 
My sister Melinda and her kids took their gingerbread house kit to a whole new level. I loved her modern gingerbread house! She used everything from the kit, but in a creative new way...I was very impressed. 
Until next year, Turkey day!

8 comments:
Looks like a blast! Happy Thanksgiving!
hahahaha, Melinda cracks me up, that is definitely a gingerbread house I have never seen before. Troy's going to be jealous when I tell him you guys ate Indian food.
Absolutely fun. You're in charge of desserts next time.
Hopefully the roads won't be so bad for the next Turkey Trot. Fab idea. We'll drag the rest out next time, too.
I appreciate the Texas love. I could feel it down here. I didn't know what it was at the time, but now it all makes sense...
Not gonna lie, this was a hard post to read! Wish we coulda been there, but maybe next year! (*fingers crossed*)
Indian food? And we weren't invited?
And, I like Melinda's house... but it looks like it might have a leaky roof...
We were sad to be missing the Turkey Trot tradition, so we hosted a virtual one, with every one in my family using their Nike+. I must admit, wearing a long-sleeved shirt, vest, gloves and a hat and having the perfect 45 degree weather for a walk was so nice. Though this pregnant girl felt those 3.2 miles in her hips for the rest of the day. It about did me in!
Can we have an Indian food fest sometime? Tikka masala is my favorite. Well, after naan, of course. Naan always wins.
looks like you guys squeezed a lot of fun into a short holiday! FUN!
Fun! I can't believe you guys did the Turkey Trot! It was so cold! My Mom said she saw you there! Way to go!
Post a Comment