We had such a good time this weekend! Our Halloween events started Thursday, with a costume party at the library. Gracie loved seeing all the kids in their costumes. She finally started to understand what was going on with the whole "dressing up" thing. They read some cute halloween stories and let the kids go trick-or treating around the library.
Then on Friday Gracie helped me make some pumpkin cookies with maple frosting. (One of our favorite fall recipes.) Later when Jared got home we took the cookies to some of our neighbors, reverse trick-or-treating.
My Mom stopped by while we were making cookies and brought US some cookies. That was only the beginning of our sugar overload. :) She also let Gracie try on the hat she wore to school that day:
Saturday night we got decked out in our costumes and hit the town!
First stop: Jared's parents party. They are in charge of their ward parties, so they had a big halloween bash in their shop. Gracie loved it! Here she is in her lovely princess dress...
They had games for the kids to play, a cotton candy machine, and handed out lots of candy. Here's Gracie with Grandpa:
Lucy didn't really have a costume, just a shirt that says, "I'm scary when I cry", (it was Gracie's), and a candycorn hair accessory. She loved all the halloween excitement and was such a good girl all night!
We loved seeing Aunt Kristi in her beautiful witch costume!
And Grandma Jones in her 50's outfit was so stylin'!
Jared was a cereal killer. He got lots of laughs, and lots of weird looks, too. :)
The happy Halloween family! I was a cowgirl.
After the Jones party, we headed to Grandma Beck's, then my parents, then Grandpa Jones', then Grandma Bertha's! Busy night, especially with lots of family living in town to visit. Gracie got really good at saying, "trick or treat!" and loved handing out candy to the kids at Grandma and Grandpa McMillans!
On Sunday we decided to have a Halloween dinner at our house with our families. I didn't take any pictures...but it was really fun. Both of our parents came and Jason and Jenn's family.
First, we had some butternut squash soup made from squash from our garden. It was pretty tasty.
Then we had rolls, salad and "dinner in a pumpkin".
Dessert was some yummy homemade oreos that looked like spiders. Cute and delish, made by Jason's family.
The dinner was good, but the company was better! We always have fun when our families get together. We might make the harvest dinner a yearly tradition.
Lucy has been so talkative lately, she loves to hear her voice and makes the cutest little coo's. She and Jared were talking back and forth yesterday, I had to snap a picture.
She looked so darling in her new church dress too...she zonked out right before we left with her hand safely on her binky.
8 comments:
I love your cute family of 4! Reading your blog makes me want to be your neighbor SO bad! I love all the fun fall activities you've been up to. You're looking great by the way! I saw you called today and was bummed I missed it--I'll be sure to call back soon, I'd love to chat. It won't be a month, I promise!
I love the "reverse trick or treating" idea! That's such a good thing to teach your kids. You are an awesome Momma Abby!
Kinsley loved grace's princess costume and now tells me "I want one" and points to the picture. =) Cute halloween party ideas! Wish we could have been there. =( Living so far away stinks! Glad you all had a great Halloween!
My heart aches seeing those pictures of Lucy. I need to cuddle her! :) Gracie looks sooo cute in her princess costume! It looks like you had a fun Halloween. Next year in Logan? :)
Excellent pictures! Cute, cute lil' gals!
so so so fun... I love your sweet little Lucy!
I love all of the pictures that you guys took for Halloween they are all so cute Lucy is getting so big Love, Kristi
Ah, Gracie looks adorable in her costume! Lucy is getting SO big! And I still haven't met her... Dang it!
Post a Comment