***I thought I'd reinstate the flashback Fridays. They were good for me to be able to remember and journal my childhood...so I want to be better about doing it again. We'll see how faithful I am....
The "cranky horse" picture...
It's considered one of those classic childhood pictures to me. Whenever I see it, I play the situation through in my head. Everyone else who has seen it, both friends and family have said, "Man, Abby, you were so cranky! Poor Elliot had to sit on that horse with cranky Abby" (or at least some version of that...)
It's considered one of those classic childhood pictures to me. Whenever I see it, I play the situation through in my head. Everyone else who has seen it, both friends and family have said, "Man, Abby, you were so cranky! Poor Elliot had to sit on that horse with cranky Abby" (or at least some version of that...)
But that's not the truth at all.
As I remember it...We were dressed up as cowboys, so my mom thought it would be cute to put us on the bouncy horse (the BEST toy ever) for a cowboy picture. I thought it was fun and was in a good mood. Elliot was the one who was so cranky and not cooperating. Too cool to be caught on film in cowboy clothes. Or maybe it was because I got to sit on the front and steer the horse, or possibly because his shorts were a little too short for a boy. Who knows.
As I remember it...We were dressed up as cowboys, so my mom thought it would be cute to put us on the bouncy horse (the BEST toy ever) for a cowboy picture. I thought it was fun and was in a good mood. Elliot was the one who was so cranky and not cooperating. Too cool to be caught on film in cowboy clothes. Or maybe it was because I got to sit on the front and steer the horse, or possibly because his shorts were a little too short for a boy. Who knows.
I looked back at Elliot before my mom took the picture, wondering what his cranky deal was, and thought it would be funny to imitate him. I was pulling a joke, and I get pegged as the moody one for the rest of my life! Look at my face...doesn't it look like a pretend cranky face? I swear, that is what happened.
Elliot lives in Texas now, so apparently he got over his beef with being a cowboy. :)

5 comments:
I'm STILL mad that you got to steer the horse! I mean, I have a cowboy hat and a holster on--all you have is a bandanna from a New Mexican gas station and a sheepskin vest that someone apparently stole from a child in Nepal! I mean, I was born to bounce on that springy bounce-horse--but no, you got to do it! And then on top of that, you mock me--on my own horse!!! I swear, to this day I won't ride a springy bounce-horse. I just won't.
His shorts were a little too short for a boy!? Best. Line. EVER.
And, I love your pudgy little fingers. Great post! I laughed... And, you were both so cute.
Ahhh, the bouncy horse! In all seriousness, I can tell your face is pretend because your eyes are kind of laughing.
All I can say is that it is a good thing we got rid of that horse! (Cute photo of my cute kids!)
I'm with Brit. You can kind of see the mocking in your face. You look too happy to be truly sad. Awesome!
Post a Comment