Yesterday Gracie woke up looking older...I knew she wasn't a baby anymore.
It was her second birthday, and she woke up a little girl.
Doesn't she look more mature?
The night before Jared and I put together a kitchen for her...she LOVES playing with pretend food, "cookin'" and "makin' soup" (as she says), so we knew she'd love it.
I recorded her reaction to first seeing the kitchen:
After she saw her kitchen, it was breakfast time...what did she want for breakfast? CAKE. We told her she'd get a birthday cake that day, so she wanted to start her day off right...with chocolate cake. I had made zucchini chocolate cake the day before for a Relief Society thing...at least it had zucchini in it, some nutritional value. It was cute, she'd run from her new kitchen over to the cake for a bite...she couldn't decide which one she wanted more :)

She loved seeing the birthday banner. Whenever she walked under it she'd point to it and sing, "Birthday to youuuu."

She gave Lucy lots of hugs and kisses on her birthday...and made sure her chair was always vibrating and playing a song. She didn't forget her sisterly duties, even though it was her special day.
During naptime I decorated her cake and cupcakes. When she woke up, of course she wanted one. I was going to make her wait until her party, but I thought what the heck, it's your birthday, go for it! There was a little trail of crumbs all around the house. :)
I took Lucy and Grace to Storybook park...haven't gone with both girls before, but thought I should try since Gracie LOVES the park. I was worried about keeping my eye on Gracie, she can disappear pretty easily there. Luckily when we got there, two little boys (probably 8-9 year olds) played with Gracie the whole time. They took her on the slides, swings, everything! It made it easier to watch her and she loved playing with them. They were sweet kids.
I asked Gracie what she wanted for dinner and, of course, she said pizza. She loves it.
We picked up dad and headed to Pizza Hut!
After dinner, we hurried home for Gracie's family party. My parents, Jared's parents, and Jason and Jenn's family came. Gracie got pretty spoiled! She loved the gifts, but I think even more she just loved having all her favorite people there for her birthday. We wish all her cousins and family could have been there!
Here she is opening presents:
She got a tutu! She's even wearing it today too...this morning she said, "Tutu on! Dance, dance!
After playing with her new toys, we had cake! I made her a strawberry butterfly cake this year, complete with lots of her favorite candies:

What a fun second birthday! Gracie had a fun filled day...we ended the day with an exciting game of Hungry Hungry hippos, given to her by her cousin Kinsley (Thanks Pierce's!!), then cuddled with Lucy and Dad and watched Phineas and Ferb. :) Couldn't be more perfect for a two year old....
Gracie is a sweet, active two year old. She is such a fun girl to have around, and keeps us laughing all day.
Happy Birthday Gracie girl!
8 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like a really fun day. I think I'm going to have cake for breakfast tomorrow.(incidentally, it was cool to see your house in the background and to see you not pregnant!)
I love her groggy little morning voice. Too adorable. Good work on her cake; it was cute.
And I loved the glimpses of your house, too! I'm planning on getting the grand tour when I'm in town!
What a cute girl!!! Happy Birthday Gracie!!!! 2 years old is so much fun (of course I think that with every phase that we go through), and I have to agree with everyone else your house looks adorable and you look fabulous!
Happy Birthday Grace! Looks like she had a fun filled day. Kinsley loves watching the video of Grace over and over and over again. =)
I love all of the pictures that you guys took they are all so cute I love the cake it is just too cute you did such a good job on it I love the pink kitchen it is so cute I love the video it is so cute I hope you had a Happy Birthday Love, Kristi
Happy Birthday Grace! I'm glad you had a great day! The cake looks amazing, I would love to sit and eat some it! The kitchen looks so fun and perfect for her!!
What a fun cake...soon you'll have to teach me the ropes of having daughters, looks like you've got it under control!
I also want to request a virtual tour of your house.
Happy Birthday month all you Jones's!!
happy birthday to gracie--looks like she will always keep you on your toes.
seriously abby i would love to see some before and after pictures of your house,,,from what I can see it looks like jared did a ton of work and you have great taste with your decorating.
Post a Comment