Aug 1, 2010

it's just about go time...

Things are coming right along. The house we are renovating is just a couple weeks away from being ready for move-in. Probably right around the same time that this baby will be ready to come out. 
Hopefully the timing turns out alright, one before the other... preferably not on the same day. 
Our house is really starting to look livable, and comfortable! It's come so far from the day we got it. Not without the help of so many of our family and friends, and Jared working so hard. Gracie loves to help too...especially helping with light sockets, power tools and anything messy, like paint:
I'm 37 weeks pregnant now, meaning that go-time could be any day of this baby's choosing. This pregnancy has totally flown by...I really like being pregnant though, and am still pretty comfortable. Working on the house is kind of tricky, but I've been able to do quite a bit. 
One of my best friends, Marilyn, got married this last weekend. It was such a beautiful day, and the reception was lovely. I truly didn't think I'd be able to make it to the wedding with my pregnancy status, but after my Dr.'s appt. last week my Dr. gave me the go ahead. We needed some house stuff at Ikea anyway, so Jared was more than happy to drive me down for the wedding. We won't mention the fact that Ikea took way longer than we thought and I walked into the wedding way late....(sorry Mar. )
I even got to see these girls, Deidra and Britt! 
The happily married Swan's. 
Friend picture...we totally weaseled our way into the picture line-up. They were going to do family shots first, but we snuck right in....
We had a fun time and are back in Burley, ready to finish the house! 
The other day, after a long night of working at the house, I put Gracie in her car seat, shut the door, then noticed something laying in the grass. 
What was it?
A HOMIE!!! (for those of you who know what I'm talking about...)
I think it's our house's lucky charm. Jared wants to hide it immediately :)

7 comments:

Erin said...

What the heck is a Homie?
And... you never made it to Bosie?? Well, after Lucy comes, then. Lucy and Asher can snuggle, and Keeks and Gracie can tear the place up. Doesn't that sound nice?
Goooooooood luck with baby, whenever she decides to come. I can't wait to see her!

Unknown said...

I cannot believe you're due any time--super fast pregnancy!! I will also keep my fingers crossed that you get moved in before the baby comes. I can't wait to see your house, I'm sure it's adorable! haha, that is awesome Gracie found a Homie!! :) And yay, that you got to go to Marilyn's wedding...I was super sad I missed out. You'll have to give me details soon.

The Hall Clan said...

I can't wait to see before and after pictures of the house. You are such a trooper to do it with a kiddo and preggers. We renovated our house (we had so much fun)---but we didn't have little people then. I admire you and Jared!!
Good Luck with the baby--post pictures of both when they are ready.

B-Hams said...

Abby you look so cute! I love your sweet belly! Did you pick a name yet? I am glad you are doing well! I can't wait to see the sweet baby!

Troy and Brittany said...

Ha! A homie!!! Troy and I have always had one hidden in our house. :) I can't wait to meet Lucy! And see your finished house! I hope it also isn't super stressful for you, but honestly when Zack was born our lives were
super stressful and it almost made any stress about a new baby seem minimal so maybe that's how it will be for you.

Rosie said...

hahahaha homies! Wow, I hadn't realized you were already 37 weeks! We'll be checking in often :)

How exciting about your house! I predict that you'll be moving into your house and start false labor, but then the baby will be a good little girl and wait until you get everything just barely finished.

Deidra said...

I'm dying for an update! Can't wait to hear what's going on in the life of the Jones crew.

(I found our homie last night for the first time in our new house. Made my heart downright happy. Good work to Chris for snuggling him in the jar of cotton balls.)