Apr 20, 2010

We are QUITE sure....

that we are naming our baby girl Lucy Jean, if all goes as planned. It's no secret, we're basically telling anybody who asks, so I thought I'd share.

Both Jared and I love the name. What do I love most about it? When Gracie points to my belly and says, "Woo-see!" Every time she says it I smile. I love hearing her say her little sister's name, even though she really has no clue what's going on...and frankly I'm scared to see what her reaction will be when little attention-stealing sister actually makes her debut, but it's still sweet hearing her say it and something I can't get enough of as a Mom. We ask Grace, "do you love baby Lucy?" and she says, "yeaaaaaahhhh" while nodding her head. Melt my heart.
It's such a fun pregnancy stage, 22 weeks. I feel the baby throughout the day and her kicks tickle. My sickness is gone, I look pregnant now instead of just fat (maybe both, but I'm ok with it), and I LOVE having energy again. I feel like I can be the wife and mom I was before, like I'm over the lazy hump of pregnancy where I just lay on the couch and watch Gracie play, getting up only to get dinner ready (a.k.a. pulling down a few boxes of cold cereal to choose from).
Pretty sure Jared is happy I'm back too.

We've been taking advantage of the gorgeous weather...Gracie plays outside for a good portion of the day, and we let her get as dirty as she wants.
Which leads to LOTS more of these: (Gracie loves her splashy-splashies)
One of my favorite parts of the day, followed by lathering up with yummy baby lotion:
I love being a mom, and can't wait to have two little bathing beauties!

13 comments:

Troy and Brittany said...

I think Grace and Lucy fit well together. I wonder if Lucy will have dark hair because that's what I picture for a Lucy. Not that she can't be blonde, but just how I picture Lucys. Probably because of Peanuts.

Whitney said...

Gracie is such a cutie! I recognize that little plastic slide. I spent many a days with Kelly watching the kids play on the slide. Lucy and Gracie totally "fit" How fun!

Valerie and Garrett said...

Very cute! The name... pictures of Gracie... you... All of it! Very Cute! :)

Erin said...

Aw... I'm so excited for you guys to have another cute little girl... Can we be friends when you live closer? Please? :)

Erin said...

PS: I'm cooking a little boyfriend for Miss Lucy Jean.

The Jones Crew said...

I love all of the pictures that you guys took they are so cute I love the name Lucy that is such a cute name
Love, Kristi

Nancy said...

I think my little baby boy may have to battle Erin's for little Miss Lucy Jean's attention. ; ) You are such a great Mom. Gracie just sparkles and glows!

Mom and Dad said...

Glad things are going well with you and your girls. Grace will love a little sister to take on her great adventures.

Elliot said...

I really like that name too. Quality, quality, quality!

JoMama said...

Such a cute name!
Your awesome Abby!

Royal Princess Academy said...

Love the name, my cousin has a little Lucy and it's darling!!! Gracie is so cute and you are such a cute mommy!

HAYHAY said...

completely precious pictures. I love the first one.
Baby Lucy sounds adorable, especially coming from her older sis (buds for ever). I love it.

Unknown said...

Glad you're back to your normal self and cooking for your man again--haha:) That story still brings a smile to my face. Too bad you don't live closer and can help me cook for my man! Lucy is adorbale. And I have to say one of my favorite parts of the day is when Nixon's all wrapped up in his towel too--so cute (and clean!).