Apr 12, 2010

our {LONG} trip to Idaho

We just got back from a 10 day trip to Burley last night. Jared actually had to come to Provo for a couple classes, then came back. We are moving there in about a month and needed to get some things in order...like where we are going to live...and we {hopefully} got it all figured out.

We also got to spend Easter, General Conference, my 25th birthday, and my Mom's birthday in Burley, along with lots of other fun little family events (like the family stomach flu! We each took a turn getting it...ugh.) The Saturday after we got to Burley was the day before Easter. Jared's Mom is in charge of her ward activities and invited us to a delicious Easter breakfast and Easter egg hunt, which had to be re-located indoors because of the freezing icy weather.
Here's Gracie finding her first eggs of the season:
They had a special room for little kids, which was a good idea, Gracie and Claire found a few eggs all by themselves:
The day of the ice snow storm also happened to be my 25th birthday. For some reason, I really don't love 25...it sounds old. I told Jared the icy bleak weather was symbolism of how I feel about turning 25. :) It ended up being such a fun, special birthday though...everyone was very nice and did lots of thoughtful things for me, so that helped.
Jared and his parents got me something that has been on my wishlist for a LONG time!
a KitchenAid! Yippee!
He also surprised me with a good book (I've been kind of a book-a-holic lately, so he knew I'd love it).
My parents got me some nice things and my mom made a delicious coconut cake!
It was a lovely day...made even better by General Conference. What better birthday present could I ask for then to be able to hear all of the wonderful talks? I loved it.

The next day, Easter, we had a delicious Easter feast between sessions with the Jones' and my parents. Then after conference we had our annual Easter Scavenger Hunt, that was EXTRA tricky this year :), put on by these two:
Jared and I got pretty confused by the clues, they were just too good.
Here's Jared after we figured out (with some help), "A tisket a tasket a green and yellow basket"...the green and yellow tractor mailbox at his Grandma's house!
"Two peas in a pod" led us to the garden...
The final clue led us to the perfect Easter surprise...we love the Jones Easter traditions. After the adults were done, the kids had a little easter egg hunt with candy and money inside the eggs, they loved it!
Aunt Kristi was helping out her nieces and nephew.

Gracie had the problem of finding one egg, sitting down, opening it and eating all the candy inside before she'd find another one. It was pretty cute.
This is the best picture I got of all the kids...I think they were a little too excited about their eggs to pay attention to cameras.
Gracie loved Easter this year, but we hope someday Easter in Idaho will be warm :)
My sister Jenny and her kids, and my sister Melinda's kids came for a few days while we were there. Gracie loved having all the kids to play with. She'd follow them around all day long...We loved being there for my Mom's birthday! We love you Mom!
Like I said, we were in Idaho for a LONG time! Sorry the post is soooo long :)

8 comments:

Deidra said...

I feel the exact same way about 25, looming over me in just over a month. Eww. I want to be 19 or 20 again (and forever).

Congrats on the KitchenAid. Even though I have my Bosch, I still wish for a KitchenAid, too, sometimes. Happy mixing!

Marissa said...

hey! did you find out anything on that crazy house offer deal that aubry passed over to you?? I've been curious ever since. Hopefully everything pans out for you guys in the next month. Moving is the pits. Call me for any kind of help 757.1155

Unknown said...

Don't worry--you make 25 look young and fun! And super cute!

I want to hear about where you're going to be living!!

And Gracie's Easter outfit/head band are so cute!

JoMama said...

Happy Birthday Abby Dear!
If I was there I would have totally been nice to you and done thoughtful things for you all day, too!

So...when are you going to start looking pregnant...cause your like halfway done and from the pictures I've seen you don't even look pregnant!

The Jones Crew said...

I love all of the pictures that you guys took Love, Kristi

Nancy said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY Abs!

melissa said...

looks like a great 10 days. hope your birthday and easter were great. totally in love with gracies dress and headband. did you make them? when are you moving home? maybe we can meet up before we ship out.

kristinann said...

Happy 25th! Yes, I too was looking for the prego belly and did not find it. Lucky! I always get huge! Glad you had such a fun trip! Let us know the details of the house sometime. :)