Dec 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Part Two: Vegas!

We had such a nice Thanksgiving feast prepared in our timeshare! We each had a couple assignments for the dinner, but Bonnie did most of it. It was delicious and we had a wonderful time...

We did quite a bit of shopping in Vegas, and also the girls also went to New Moon together one night while the guys watched the kids. It was fun having some girlie time, and we all loved the movie!

The day after Thanksgiving we went to Circus Circus and played games in the Adventuredome. They are basically like a bunch of fun carnival games...the contest was to see who could win the biggest stuffed animal. Chad decided to take it one step further and won a GUITAR!
We also rode the fun roller coaster that's in the Adventuredome....it was "the most exciting 7 seconds of the day" as Jared would put it. Short, but really fun!
To top off our day at Circus Circus, we put a dollar in a slot machine (which we never had done before!) I'm happy to report that I won $3!! Everyone else lost their dollar. I guess I'm pretty lucky. I had no clue how to cash in my winnings, so a nice tooth-less man helped me. Gotta love Las Vegas.
That evening we went to a Dirk Arthur magic show at the Tropicana. It totally blew my mind. He took a box the size of a dresser, covered it with a sheet, removed the sheet and made a HELICOPTER appear on stage! It was very entertaining, and I loved that nobody could begin to explain how the tricks were done.
Dinner at the Rainforest cafe. So fun! There were huge fishtanks everywhere, hanging monkeys and snakes, mid-dinner thunderstorms, and delicious food!
We headed back to Provo the next day, stopping in St. George to meet up for lunch with my friends Kara and Brittany and their families. We had a fun little chat, then headed back on the road, and listened to the BYU vs. Utah game. The win was a perfect way to end a fun vacation week!

We're SO thankful for the Jones family for making our Thanksgiving week so memorable!
Thanks again Bonnie and Chad!

2 comments:

Pierce Family said...

haha these pictures look familiar! =) I remembered that you didn't have your camera with you so I purposely put lots of pictures of you and Jared on my blog so you would have access to them. Thanks for a great time! We always love hanging out with you guys. Kinsley has been bored around the house without Grace to interact with. We can't wait until Christmas!

Erin said...

Glad BYU won... wouldn't want to have to cancel Thanksgiving AND Jared's birthday! Sheesh!
Vegas sounds like fun right now... Hmm.