Oct 16, 2009

Flashback friday: Halloween

Halloween was hilarious in the McMillan house. I think for the rest of October's flashback Fridays I'll do Halloween posts! I was laughing out loud looking at all of the creative crazy costumes we had...I guess my costumes weren't always super creative, since I was a cheerleader 80% of the time. (I loved using Jen's high school cheer leading uniform pretty much every year). I mainly am posting these because I love the look on Elliot's face in both pictures. Hilarious. I think I remember my mom telling us to make a scary face, and this is what we came up with:I must have liked how Elliot looked as a devil, because the next year I switched him...but accentuated the "evil eyebrows". What boy in the 90's wasn't a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for Halloween? I think Elliot pulled it off really well with the swim cap though. I remember that Rafael was his favorite:What are my bangs doing by the way?

I love finding fun costumes and can't wait to help my kids have the most fun dressing up, like my parents did for us.
What was your favorite Halloween costume?

8 comments:

Erin said...

Your devil costume was much more modest than Elliot's.
And, I love your little witchy face. So cute.
I have 2 favorite costumes: I was a bunch of grapes on year. I have a picture (I look pretty ticked off in the picture) but I don't have a scanner... My other favorite was a scarecrow (That was during my adult years. Maybe 10 years ago).

Deidra said...

Your witch face looks pretty devious!

It seems I was a jack-in-the-box more often than I wanted to be. Our big costume bins provided fun for more than just Halloween, though!

The Jones Crew said...

Are you guys coming home this weekend I hope to see you soon Love Kristi

GaiaGirl said...

lets not plagiarize, eh? give credit to the one that let the lineage of the dark lord into our home: i was a devil in 6th grade & you both are costume remnants of that.

(my off the shoulder/miniskirt ensemble may have ranked 2nd least modest next to el's pantsless EvilOne, however.)

despite our relative faithfulness, i think devils would be our family mascot. perhaps after moose.

Elliot said...

In the first pic, I misunderstood "scary" as "upset stomach."

The second one reminds me that it rained on Halloween night that year, and all that awesome paint on my swimming cap got washed away.

Mom and Dad said...

I still liked Elliot as a cave man with his sheep skin and club. Abby, you did make a cute cheer leader. I never did like my children dressing up as a devil. How did I let that happen? Melinda!!!!!!
Mom, the good witch of the north

JoMama said...

El's devil picture is hilarious!

Jenny said...

Elliot's devil costume needs some sassy shoes and fabulous purse....it's just so high cut for a boy! Mom? I love you as a witch. P.S. That witch costume was mine in kindergarten! Did we recycle all costumes? My favorite Halloween picture is Elliot as Bugs Bunny and his mask is on a little crooked....it is HILARIOUS! :)