We had a gorgeous weekend. The Jones family headed into the mountains of Idaho for yet another weekend get-away to
Melcher Mansion. That place never disappoints. It's not often that we get to spend so much time snacking, chatting, and soaking up the sunshine all in just a couple of days, but at Melcher it seems to always happen. We also got to celebrate Bonnie and Kristi's birthdays while we were there....(if you see them, make sure to tell them Happy Birthday tomorrow!!) What a gorgeous place! (in this picture, everyone kept saying "Cheeeeeese", and Gracie obviously thought they were trying to get
her attention.)

It's weird to think that last time we were four-wheeling at Melcher, Gracie was bouncing around
in my belly.
(I was pretty nervous about the bouncing, so Jared dropped me off...) This year I made up for it. The terrain to the top of the mountain
isn't for beginners. It's steep, rocky and a little bit scary...but so fun. I only thought I was going to roll about
3 times...literally jumping off of the four wheeler, leaving Jared to figure out the mess I got it in. Get a load of how pretty this place was...

We couldn't quite make it to the top of the mountain as planned, due to a snow bank (that Jared flipped some cookies in), but we did make it most of the way up. The view was amazing. On our way up Jared was in front of me...all of the sudden he does this funny little dance while standing up on his four-wheeler. He is
flailing his arms around, shaking his hips. Then he starts hitting himself and fanning his shirt like crazy. Apparently, a hornet flew into his shirt and stung him four times while he was driving!! If it were me that had gotten stung, I would have definitely sulked about it, turned right around and went home to ice it :) but he just laughed and kept going. He's pretty much a macho man.
***(I took a half-naked picture of his stomach to show the stings, but couldn't get it approved by Mr. Jones for blog publication...:) ) 
We had such a
fun time....

Before we headed up the mountain we parked at the base of it and waited for Jared's parents to open the gate. In the meantime, Jared gets this idea of taking Gracie's picture in the middle of the road
(which was definitely not busy whatsoever. We saw maybe 2 cars in 30 minutes...) . He got the idea from her headband, since it matched the yellow lines perfectly. Jared has such a good eye for photo op's.

Shouldn't the caption of this picture be something cheesy like, "we are guiding Gracie down the highway of life..." Perfect :)


The rest of our weekend was spent eating out, running, playing tennis (in which I
ALMOST beat Jared!! It was 3 to 4. SO close, but he remains undefeated.), hunting for garage sales only to be disappointed, and Gracie got lots of wonderful Grandma/Grandpa time.
We
love Idaho.
P.S. another reminder of our blog going private this week! Send me your e-mail if you want an invite!! jarbyjones@gmail.com
11 comments:
Man, I miss you guys! Even Lia, looking over my shoulder, said, "That's Abby an' Jared an' Gracie. I love them!"
Sounds like a blast--and I agree, Jared IS a macho man (I use to go to the gym with him, I should know!).
What a cool picture! I LOVE the yellow picture!
I love Idaho too. Oh how I miss it. I remember going with you guys last time. That was a lot of fun!
Those pictures are so dang cute! Sounds like so much fun! Brings back memories from high school!
That is so cool how only the yellow shows in the picture! Amazes me. That's funny bout the "half naked" pic ; )
Like the facial hair :)
I would love an invite! Your little Gracie is co cute.
Abby-
So fun to see your great life and stay up to date on the Jones! I would love an invite to stay in the loop and see how cute Gracie keeps getting!
Erika Phillips (phierika@gmail.com)
What a blast! That sounds so fun..... My sisters said they saw you guys this past weekend and thought that Gracie was a DOLL!! Glad you had a good Memorial Day weekend....
This is Chelsey "Harman" Butcher. I hope you don't mind if I get an invite to your blog. I don't know you guys to well, just that we went to school together. My parents know your families well too so when I am home my mom likes to see the pics too. We got married the same day too! I remember seeing you guys at the temple when we were getting our pictures taken, I think you guys were just heading in while we were leaving. Our blog is private too since we have a little guy so I completely understand. My email is craftinchels22@gmail.com. If you want to view ours you can send me your email too if you would like. Gracie is a cutie, such a beautiful little girl. Our little guy is a chunk too. I love the chunky ones!
love the yellow!!! I've gotta keep that in mind!
Post a Comment