***I am blogging this so I won't ever forget it***
{The night before Gracie and I left for Las Vegas, Jared and I were in bed chatting about my big trip the next day. We both had just finished brushing our teeth and had barely laid down on the bed}
Jared: So make sure you get the car serviced before you leave.
Abby: Ok...I'll just take it to Wal-mart in the morning and take off from there.
Jared: That sounds good....
Abby: yeah. I'm excited.
Jared: Well, yeah it's exciting that it's 9 1/2 inches.
Abby: huh?
Jared: The road you'll be driving on tomorrow is 9 1/2 inches thick.
Abby: (pauses...wondering where this came from) The road? Is that true?
Jared: Yeah, I know it is. It's good because you'll be driving on it and it's pretty thick.
Abby: (laughing) what in the heck are you talking about?!
Jared: I think I'm asleep.
We both start laughing so hard...just for the record, even though Jared works at a concrete company he actually has no idea about how thick the freeway is. The weirdest part was his eyes were wide open this entire conversation! He was so tired that his mind just went to sleep before his body did :) my favorite part is how he used the word "exciting" to describe the pavement...
5 days ago
12 comments:
That is AWESOME! Sometimes, when its really late at night, my prayers will include things like chocolate sauce and roller coasters just because I'm so tired and my mind starts wandering... Glad to see I'm not the only one!
ha, I wonder how thick the road really is...
That is hilarious! Ben has said things like that before and I always forget to write them down. Smart to blog about it!
I love your new header Abs! Those pics are super cute!
Husbands who can fall asleep so quickly are always good entertainment. I love that he said, "I think I'm asleep," but he wasn't 100% sure about that!
I love your new header-- so cute!! You guys are adorable. The sleep/ half sleep talking must run in the family because Jason always is saying funny things like that. I should write them down. The best was when he woke up yelling, "I want candy corn..."
I got the pic of Gracie today-- thanks she is such a doll!!
I love moments like that :)
That is too funny!
I love your new header. That little face is perfect for the O in Jones.
I love you guys!
Okay, that is hilarious. Jeff talks in his sleep all the time and I love it. I'm not going to lie sometimes its a little scary because his eyes will sometimes be open too!
Thanks for the good laugh before I head off to bed!!!
Like when Dad starts snoring and I poke him and tell him to roll over because he is snoring and he says "But I'm not even asleep!" He doesn't realize that he is. It's weird.
Mom
Post a Comment