Apr 24, 2009

My late Easter post...

EASTER Saturday....was spent with family, as it should be! I absolutely love Easter. Usually we go to Burley for the weekend, but Jared had to work that Saturday, so we stuck around and my parents came to us! Saturday morning (early) I loaded Gracie in the jog stroller and my mom, Jenny, Gracie and I walked around the Thanksgiving point gardens. It was a gorgeous morning, we had so much fun chatting and admiring the flowers that were blooming. That's another thing I love about Easter, it's in the springtime...everything is new and so fresh..we even saw a little bunny hopping around, perfect. From there we went to the soccer games! Jen's kids both had games that morning, and they played hard even through the rain. Gracie was bundled up and watched both games, completely entertained! That's my girl. Grandpa McMillan loved snuggling w/her. We went back to Jen's house and dyed eggs. We then hid the eggs (very skillfully) around Jen's yard along w/eggs that had money and candy in them. Here are the egg champions:








Gracie and Ruby watched the big kids intently so they'll know exactly what to do next year.
That evening we had a wonderful Easter feast. I was in charge of the ham, so I did my sister-in-law's orange glazed ham recipe, which turned out delish! (Thanks Joanne! You contributed your part to our Easter feast). It was nice to be with family to celebrate.

On Easter Sunday we had a nice, laid back day just as a little family. Gracie looked adorable in her easter dress, and I got to teach the Primary about Easter and the real reason we celebrate it. It was nice to be able to hear the kid's understanding of the Savior's resurrection, such simple powerful testimonies. I was especially touched by the Primary easter song we sang called, "He sent his Son". How could the father tell the world of sacrifice, of death? He sent his son to die for us and rise with living breath...what a beautiful day. I love Easter.

No comments: