Mar 22, 2009

in the hills of Heber

We had a fantastic weekend. Nice and relaxing. We met up with some of my family at my parent's friends cabin up in the mountains about 40 minutes from our house. It was beautiful! Not only was the scenery really nice, but the cabin was gigantic and gorgeous...it was fun just walking around it ooo'ing and aaah'ing and discussing what we will do when we build our enormous vacation home! Some people went sledding out back, but Jared and I are already in spring mode, we decided we couldn't back-track to snow activities. We stayed inside and played games, ate yummy food, the guys watched March Madness and the ladies chatted, which is always fun. Here's some of our goofy group pulling faces:Playing a fun game called "first man to 100"...very intense.
My dad trying to tame Gracie. The carpet in the cabin was like heaven. It was sooo soft! I told Jared that was my favorite part. It felt like you were walking on little pillows. :) They have such an ideal spot up in the mountains. They look off of their back porch to moose and deer walking by, a couple of ponds, tall trees and peace and quiet! My idea of perfect. Ok, so add a beach, and it would really be perfect.

10 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

How fun! Gracie looks like a china doll in that last picture, but I think she always does ;)

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Gracie gets cuter in every picture! And, I love that cute little blue tshirt she's wearing... Where do you shop? Or. Maybe you should just send your hand-me-downs this way. :) (Wait. not the burned ones, though.)

Royal Princess Academy said...

Gracie is so cute and is getting so big!!! What a fun weekend it sounds like you had! Sometimes there is nothing better than a short relaxing fun filled weekend!!

SAYDA said...

Sounds like tons of fun! We had spring on Saturday here and winter on Sunday. That's B town for you.
Sayda

Jenn said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! I'm so glad you guys are coming home this weekend-- it will be so fun to see you and little Gracie-- I can't believe how big our little girls are getting!!

Jenny said...

That is a lovely picture of my arm fat! Yuck. I need to lift a little more weights.......or just work on my camera poses!

Brianne said...

I can't believe Gracie is that big! You look so cute as a brunette. Okay so I don't think we'll ever be that rich to own a vacation home so we have to resort to having friends with a vacation home and you just said in your post that you and Jared are already planning one, hmmmmm......

JoMama said...

Loved all those pictures! Gracie is a DOLL! Looks like we missed out on a ton o' fun.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous place! Looks like so much fun. Nothing better than being with the fam!