That night we went with my family to the Burley firework show on the river...my dad took his boat out so we'd be right under the fireworks....so fun! The finale was a little bit sad, but other than that it was a good show!
Another exciting even this weekend: we got to meet our new niece Kinsley! She is absolutely sooo precious! So petite with lots of dark hair...we love her, and Kiley and Eric are great parents!
Before we left for Burley we both had some projects that we wanted to do...this glider chair is actually a miracle...we have been looking for one for a couple of weeks, but they are a little expensive (especially w/an ottoman). So one evening we pull up to our apartment and there, sitting on the grass was a gliding chair with a sign on it that said "FREE!". We were so excited!! It was in really good condition, but we wanted to cover the pads since they don't really match the baby's room. Jared decided to make it his own project, so I taught him how to use my sewing machine! Who knew that Jared was such a good seamstress?! We still need to paint the chair black, but I think the upholstery job is pretty good for his first time!
I also found this picture frame at a garage sale and thought it would go well in the baby's room, so I sewed the flower on some black fabric...I think it will be cute in her room. We also bought a crib at a garage sale (for only $20!!) that Jared is painting black...we're excited!!!
18 comments:
Nice find! The chair looks great by the way. Jared should start a little seamstress business :) Cute post and pics!
Those kind of finds are the best. Looks like you had a great weekend! So much fun to be with family.
I love the fabric you guys chose for the chair! This is going to be one lucky little girl with creative parents like you two!
Hey Jared--I am sending my glider your way! Pretty impressive for a first sewing attempt---love the
flower picture too---you two will be amazing parents. Take care.
Wow, you are amazing! I wish I could be assertive and creative like you. Love what you have done!
You look soo cute pregnant! I can't believe your gonna have a baby soon! Thats cute that Jared made that rocking chair...how cute is that? If only Jeff could do that! You guys are going to be such cute parents! I can't wait to meet your little girl!
very nice you two! I am totally impressed. I'm almost just as excited to see her finished room as I am to see what she looks like...well, not quite, but still she's going to have quite the cute quaters.
you are too cute abby! looks like the baby's room is going to be adorable!
I love the flower and what the heck Jared upholsters now. You two are crazy, that chair is going to be amazing when its black.
Um.
Hi.
Funny. I haven't seen a good belly shot from you yet, either! :)
SHAME!
Oh...how exciting getting ready for the li'l one! Your 4th also looked like tons of fun! I loved seeing your mom in her visor...brought back memories.
Hi Abby,
I was just stopping by to see if I could find the baby food recipes that you mentioned to me. I was surprised to see that I was in some of your pictures, I didn't realize I looked so scarry! Well I decided you have a lot of friends and it would take forever to figure out who has the baby food link, can you remind me where I can find it. Thank You.
It looks like you have a lot of really cute things for the baby's room, it is going to look great.
Lindsay
http://ryantaylorfam.blogspot.com
You guys are so crafty! I'm jealous. Cute fabric for baby.
I'm so impressed with your new and improved Glider!! Great job! You are so creative and crafty!
I have been really been getting into garage sales too. They are the best! Looks like you found some good stuff. Your niece is so precious.
I love in your face miracles!
Literally on your doorstep.
Cool.
Jared can do anything.
I expect him to now chisel the child's bust in marble and whip up creme brulee and eclairs for the baby shower. He could do it.
As my own here's-yet-more-baby-advice-you-don't-care-about: please look for non-toxic, child-rated, no-VOC, (natural?) etc. paint. The kid WILL chew on the crib. And probably everything else.
Go McJoneses!
And "seamstress" isn't manly enough for Jared. Let's call him a "seamster." Like "teamster" but implying some sewingness.
Post a Comment